Adventure of the Sea's 18th November Questions?

Hi,

I've just booked a 5 night cruise onboard Adventure of the Seas which cruises to the western Med and have a few questions.

Firstly tips, we didn't pay are tips when we booked the cruise so does anyone know what the charges are per day. Also does anyone know what the charges are for being served ect.

Secondly the weather, if anyone has cruises to places like Malaga, Ajaccio, Toulon of any other places in November what is the weather like ? does anyone have any experience of weather in the west med at this time of year?

Also dinning, we have been booked in the main dinning room and was wondering do you have to turn up. Can you just go to the buffet or an alternative restaurants in addition, and does this count for formal nights.

And lastly nationality, what are the main nationalitys on the ship when it cruises in the area. Also is their any hidden taxes you have to pay on this ship and does anyone have any pics of an inside cabins with 4 births????,

thank you very much,

James.

Tips are $9.75 per person per day. If you haven't prepaid you can either add them to your on board account or just give cash to the appropriate people at the end of your trip. It breaks down as follows:

Stateroom attendant: $3.50 USD a day per guest

Dining Room Waiter: $3.50 USD a day per guest

Assistant Waiter: $2.00 USD a day per guest

Headwaiter: $0.75 USD a day per guest

There is also 15% gratuity added onto every drink you buy on board. Room service is free (except for the wee small hours when it's $3.95), but you are expected to tip the guy who delivers it a couple of quid.

You don't have to go to the dining room if you don't want to. However, it's polite to tell your waiter that you won't be there so the rest of your table are not kept waiting to see if you turn up or not.

On a cruise originating from Spain there will be a high proportion of Spaniards, that's what we found on Voyager out of Barcelona last year. Also French, Italians, Germans & Russians as well as Brits & Irish.

There are no "hidden taxes" as such, but beware of the 15% on drinks which sometimes upsets people when they don't know about it. You are also required to pay for port transportation in some ports - not sure about the ports you are going to, but keep an eye out for it. $5 per person each way adds up when there are 4 of you.

Secondly the weather, if anyone has cruises to places like Malaga, Ajaccio, Toulon of any other places in November what is the weather like ? does anyone have any experience of weather in the west med at this time of year?

We sailed out of Barcelona at the end of Nov. to western Med. on TA cruise and the temp. was cool (mid 50 low 60 deg.F) until we hit Morocco and Canary Is.

Also dinning, we have been booked in the main dinning room and was wondering do you have to turn up. Can you just go to the buffet or an alternative restaurants in addition, and does this count for formal nights.

You can skip MDR and go to Windjammer buffet any evening but you should still paid full gratuities to MDR staff.

does anyone have any pics of an inside cabins with 4 births?

Below is four births Freedom inside cabin, 160 sq.ft., which is similar size to Adventure inside, 158 sq.ft.

pullmanFreedomA.jpg

Hi,

I've just booked a 5 night cruise onboard Adventure of the Seas which cruises to the western Med and have a few questions.

Firstly tips, we didn't pay are tips when we booked the cruise so does anyone know what the charges are per day. Also does anyone know what the charges are for being served ect.

And lastly nationality, what are the main nationalitys on the ship when it cruises in the area. Also is their any hidden taxes you have to pay on this ship and does anyone have any pics of an inside cabins with 4 births????,

thank you very much,

James.

Hi James I've been selling this cruise for the past 6 months so can answer any question you have, although your TA should really be able to provide all the info:-

1) As a guide, if you haven't pre-paid, estimate at £6pppd to be divided up between your cabin steward and dining staff.

2) Malaga - Pleasantly warm (mid to high 60s). Ajaccio and Provence about 5-10 degrees cooler

3) You can eat where you wish............it is your holiday. Not quite sure what you mean when you ask if it counts towards a formal night. Perhaps you could elaborate

4) Nationality will be mainly European with a vast percentage from Spain. Tthere is an additonal 8% tax over and above the normal 15% on any drinks you are served.

I will add an aside if I may. I know it is a 5 night cruise, but as a 4 berth cabin I'm not convinced of the practicality. If you went for 2 x 2 berths adjoining you could probably opt for a lower grade of cabin and the cost differential would not be all that much.

I am actually on the Adv from 8th - 18th so as well as selling it I am a cruiser who recognised the value.

Enjoy your holiday.

Archived