What to do in Mia or FLL

criscruise

We have a late-ish FLL flight 5:00 pm post cruise. We dock in Mia. Any suggestions of things to do, where to store luggage for a few hours instead of sitting at airport?

Thanks!

Rent a car and store your luggage in the trunk. This also resolves your transfers to FLL.

We are in the same situation. Flight at 3:15. I have been searching for a long time for something that will work for us. Had planned to use SAS until airline changed our flight time. We will have 3 kids with us (6 people total) so a rental car is not neccessarily a cheap option. Not sure what to do with the kids for that time frame either. Probably just lunch somewhere.

Don't know how economical it would be for a family of 6 but you could always do the luggage express if it is offered. The ship takes your bags and sends them to the airport and you don't see them again til you land at your final destination. Check with your cruiseline to see if they offer this service.

We have used it in San Juan, Miami and FLL-on Carnival cruiseline.

We did the water taxi in FLL and really enjoyed that.

Don't know how economical it would be for a family of 6 but you could always do the luggage express if it is offered. The ship takes your bags and sends them to the airport and you don't see them again til you land at your final destination. Check with your cruiseline to see if they offer this service.

We have used it in San Juan, Miami and FLL-on Carnival cruiseline.

We did the water taxi in FLL and really enjoyed that.

I was just reading about that on Southwest. They offer it from the Ft. Lauderdale port but I'm not sure about Miami.

We are now considering Jet ski miami. They have jet ski and wave runners and tours plus changing rooms and showers. I have an email in to them about storing luggage just in case.

Anyone ever used them or heard of them?

We just docked in Miami on Sunday and had a later flight (6:40) out of Ft Lauderdale. We rented a car, drove up to Ft Lauderdale, and checked into the Hilton Beach Resort. I had gotten a "day use" rate of $95 and the room was available to us from 9-5. The resort has a nice pool and is directly across the street from the beach. The staff at the hotel is very friendly and helpful and the room was very nice.

This arrangement was ideal for us - the teens were beat and took a nap and watched TV for a little while (they just wanted to chill), I went to the pool and read, then we eventually all walked down to Primanti Brother's for one of their famous sandwiches. We spent about 2 hrs at the beach (towels provided, but chairs cost extra) and then took showers before heading to the airport (15 mins away).

Rather that feel like we had to just hang out for the day and find something to keep ourselves busy until our flight, we truly had a full and relaxing last day at the Hilton.

Archived