Room Service Beyond the Room Service Menu

BobVv

Having sailed both Golden and Grand, in 2001, 2003, we experienced the ability of just writing in what we wanted on the door hanger for breakfast, or just asking room service what we wanted using a positive and non-demanding approach.

We are sailing Caribbean Princess in May and I understand(reading alot of post before I posted) that if you are just a balcony room, they will not allow write-in or ordering from the Dining Room menu.(Boo......)

1. Is that True now? Including Breakfast/Dinner? What's your experience on CP? Or am I just confusing this with other Princess ships?

2. If that is so, I know I have the option of the special Occasion breakfast, which I've done, the canapes and the regular room service menu......

But how do I reserve the Ultimate Breakfast and Ultimate Dinner for our room. I've read the threads concerning them so far, but no one seems to be sure how to reserve them. Who, what and where do I ask for these? I know the drill of the earlier the better and what to do soon as I get on board(long term crusie critic reader).

3. I would appreciate some feedback from a recent CP cruiser, as I know it can vary ship to ship, and as we are not in a suite.

Thanks it's an anniversary and I want to treat her royally, as always.

Bob V.

At vregular meal times you can order anything off the menu. They don't talk about this as they don't want everyone doing it. Just call room service. Forget about the card. Just call 1/2hour before you want it

• 3 weeks later...

This is our first cruise on Princess. As we could order full dinners off the dinner menu on Holland America, I am hoping that you are correct and we can do this also on Princess. We, too, are in a mini-suite. DH is a really fussy eater and would rather have a club sandwich and french fries than the fanciest dinner in the world. However, I would love to have lobster and fish and shrimp cocktail and all the good stuff that I would have in a nice restaurant.

Princess already has made good points with DH. HAL does not have french fries with room service, only potato salad or chips.

Yes, we do plan on having dinner at least once in the Sterling Steakhouse. Probably more than once, if it is as good as the alternative restaurant on HAL which had the best filet I have ever had in my long life.

Nancy

We had the Ultimate Balcony Dinner on the Grand during our Thanksgiving cruise. It was fabulous! You just need to call Room Service and explain that you want to book it. Probably someone will call you back as on the Grand there was a specific person you had to talk to. He called and scheduled a time to come up to the room and discuss the options, schedule the day, etc. Have a great time!

Archived