Costa Fortuna and X1 package

dynamitedeb

We are going on the Grecian Splendour cruise on 25th October, staying in a balcony cabin on 9th Floor. This is our 1st Costa cruise and we are travelling with another couple who have not cruised before. If anyone has been on this cruise/ship and can give us some information on what its like (good and bad) whats the food is like and the ports etc we would be really grateful. We have all purchased the X1 package and are still a little confused on how this works. It seems to vary from ship to ship. If anyone has been on the Fortuna and used this package we would really appreciate some advice. We know it is only available at lunch and dinner but can we get this at the pool bar and can we have a starter at the buffet in the evening and have a couple of beers and then go in for our main meal - which is 2nd sitting. Any advice that Costa cruisers can give us would be greatly appreciated. We have only sailed on RCI Independence of the Seas and Oasis of the Seas ( which were both awesome) P and Os Ventura ( which was ok) and Celebrity Eclipse ( which was fantastic) We know to expect a different type of cruise expereince with Costa and we got a great deal on this cruise and the ports are brilliant so we are focusing on these points- thanks in advance

I am booked on the Magica and want to purchase that package but I could not find it under the services offered. It is my understanding that you are allowed unlimited beer, wine, and soft drinks by the glass with that package. How did you purchase it?:confused:

I am booked on the Magica and want to purchase that package but I could not find it under the services offered. It is my understanding that you are allowed unlimited beer, wine, and soft drinks by the glass with that package. How did you purchase it?:confused:

You have to go through your TA or contact Costa direct, it cannot be purchased on-board or online, at least 5 days before departure.

Ron

http://www.costaclick.co.uk/NR/rdonlyres/8DC6ED80-9D78-49AB-B71A-D905A015508E/19067/DrinksPackage_090710.pdf

The above link is the british site.

On Costa at dinner in the MDR you are usually give a bottle of house wine (s) which you can take away with you. so order one each and enjoy.

Check that the chitty they give you is zero as sometimes they do not check the card has X1 OR J2 On it. Tip at the pool bar where food is served become friendly with the head barman, ask his advice etc. it helps.... both J2 AND X1 have to be purchased 5 days before departure. the package includes the 15% tip.

A 33cl beer cost 4.50 euros in the Med 4.50 dollars in the USA/Carribean plus 15% tip

Hope it helps G

I am booked on two Costa cruises (one in the Med another in South America) but have not been offered this X1 package. Have also looked at the web pages and found no info. Can it be booked before the cruise directly with Costa or only via TA? What is included in this package? Thanks

I am booked on two Costa cruises (one in the Med another in South America) but have not been offered this X1 package. Have also looked at the web pages and found no info. Can it be booked before the cruise directly with Costa or only via TA? What is included in this package? Thanks

The X1 and J2 drinks packages are not advertised by Costa, they can only be purchase and paid for via TA or Costa before the cruise (up to 5 days befire sailing).

For package contents see above link to the X1 & J2 broschure.

Ron

Archived