Rhythms of the Night in PV, need info please

REALgetaway

I want to book this tour, but I want to know how long it lasts and does it coincide with having enough time to get back to the ship. Some where I read that it last approx 5 hours.. beginning at sunset. if that is the case.. then if the ship leaves at 10pm, would that be enough time to fit this excursion in?

RHYTHMS OF THE NIGHT PVR22A.jpg Enjoy a spectacular journey to a spiritual land that time forgot as you step back to a time of pagan mysticism and legend.

On this fascinating excursion you will:

• Cruise across the Banderas Bay to the beautiful hideaway beach haven of Las Caletas.
  • Listen as soothing music mingles with the song of the jungle.
  • Follow a torch lit path that leads you past live portrayals of forgotten rituals and customs.
  • Be enticed by the aroma of grilled steak, fish and chicken in the air.
  • Move to the outdoor amphitheater for stories of an ancient civilization revealed through music and dance.
  • Watch as one of Mexico’s contemporary dance troupes take you on a magical journey.
  • Complete your evening beautifully by dancing under the stars on your cruise back to the ship.

Note: There is some uphill walking and the paths may be sandy and uneven.

Minimum age to participate is 6 years old.

We took this tour last April and booked through Carnival and was not a problem. We are taking it again with our family next year and will book through Carnival to make sure we make it back. Normally we book private but not this one.

http://www.carnival.com/ShoreExcursionDetails.aspx?region=MR&portcode=PVR&excursionname=Rhythms+of+the+Night&excursioncode=305022

RHYTHMS OF THE NIGHT PVR22A.jpg Enjoy a spectacular journey to a spiritual land that time forgot as you step back to a time of pagan mysticism and legend.

On this fascinating excursion you will:

• Cruise across the Banderas Bay to the beautiful hideaway beach haven of Las Caletas.
  • Listen as soothing music mingles with the song of the jungle.
  • Follow a torch lit path that leads you past live portrayals of forgotten rituals and customs.
  • Be enticed by the aroma of grilled steak, fish and chicken in the air.
  • Move to the outdoor amphitheater for stories of an ancient civilization revealed through music and dance.
  • Watch as one of Mexico’s contemporary dance troupes take you on a magical journey.
  • Complete your evening beautifully by dancing under the stars on your cruise back to the ship.

Note: There is some uphill walking and the paths may be sandy and uneven.

Minimum age to participate is 6 years old.

We took this tour last April and booked through Carnival and was not a problem. We are taking it again with our family next year and will book through Carnival to make sure we make it back. Normally we book private but not this one.

http://www.carnival.com/ShoreExcursionDetails.aspx?region=MR&portcode=PVR&excursionname=Rhythms+of+the+Night&excursioncode=305022

MikeM,

thanks for the info.. I better book it through Carnival then just to be sure.. they would know if there was going to be a problem making it back to the ship on time. Just to be safe though, I think I will fire off an email before I book it.

thanks and happy cruising!

AL

I want to book this tour, but I want to know how long it lasts and does it coincide with having enough time to get back to the ship. Some where I read that it last approx 5 hours.. beginning at sunset. if that is the case.. then if the ship leaves at 10pm, would that be enough time to fit this excursion in?

The tour operator runs a special early excursion just for cruise ship passengers. The regular show, booked direct with the tour operator (hotel/resort guests), runs very late and all cruise ships have left port when you get back to the port.

The overlap between the excursions is at the dinner meal. Cruisers do the show followed by dinner, hotel/resort vacationers have dinner followed by the show.

You must book through the ship if plan on doing this excursion..

Enjoy!

The tour operator runs a special early excursion just for cruise ship passengers. The regular show, booked direct with the tour operator (hotel/resort guests), runs very late and all cruise ships have left port when you get back to the port.

The overlap between the excursions is at the dinner meal. Cruisers do the show followed by dinner, hotel/resort vacationers have dinner followed by the show.

You must book through the ship if plan on doing this excursion..

Enjoy!

Do you know approx what time this excursion begins and when it ends?

Just trying to plan out our time in PV.

I can't be certain when the ship's excursion actually leaves the port. (We're resort guests)

I believe I have read here that the ship's excursion leaves the port area between 4:30 & 5:00. Return is just in time to get back on the ship before it sails.

Enjoy!

According to our receipt for April 2010, tour began 3:45 pm returned at 8:45 pm, the ship sailed at 10:00 pm.

According to our receipt for April 2010, tour began 3:45 pm returned at 8:45 pm, the ship sailed at 10:00 pm.

Big thanks for this info.. you have no idea how important it is.

I am one of those time schedule freaks.. where I have to keep track of time down to the minute. call it OCD or whatever.. but keeping track of time and getting from point A to point B on time is a big deal to me.

I think i'll have time then to schedule a morning excursion then before the Rhythm's of the Night begins.

Big thanks for this info.. you have no idea how important it is.

I am one of those time schedule freaks.. where I have to keep track of time down to the minute. call it OCD or whatever.. but keeping track of time and getting from point A to point B on time is a big deal to me.

I think i'll have time then to schedule a morning excursion then before the Rhythm's of the Night begins.

We had a canopy tour that day that went from 8:30 am to 2:00pm and gave us time to get something to eat and change our clothes.

We had a canopy tour that day that went from 8:30 am to 2:00pm and gave us time to get something to eat and change our clothes.

what did your canopy tour include? and would you recommend it? we are interested in zip lining

what did your canopy tour include? and would you recommend it? we are interested in zip lining

Inluded as shown in the Carnival link below. We chose this one because it was Carnival which gave us some peace of mind because of the schedule that day. Also they use a double cable set up which we prefer. Yes, we know you can get a private tour cheaper and we normally book private tours but this one fit the situation and best for us.

It is not extreme which we have done but sorta in the middle of canopy tours as far as heights and number of zips. Just right for our little group.

We will book the same one again next year. Los Veranos Canopy tour is also very popular and recommended + cheaper. Getting back on time for the Ry of th Night tour may be fine, don't know as you would have to make the call.

http://www.puertovallartatours.net/las-juntas-y-veranos-canopy-tour.htm

http://www.carnival.com/ShoreExcursionDetails.aspx?region=MR&portcode=PVR&excursionname=Canopy+Adventure&excursioncode=305001

Extreme Tour from Carnival

http://www.carnival.com/ShoreExcursionDetails.aspx?region=MR&portcode=PVR&excursionname=Extreme+Canopy&excursioncode=305038

Archived