FLL-Hampton Inn City Center

sijid

Hi, all! I've searched the forums for info on this hotel, and it all seems to be pretty old. We're booked here for a pre-cruise in November. The Trip Advisor reviews are okay, but I'm wondering a couple of things.

1. Has the neighborhood improved? and

2. Is the water taxi close?

Thanks!

Hi, all! I've searched the forums for info on this hotel, and it all seems to be pretty old. We're booked here for a pre-cruise in November. The Trip Advisor reviews are okay, but I'm wondering a couple of things.

1. Has the neighborhood improved? and

2. Is the water taxi close?

Thanks!

I presume you are asking about the Hamton Inn that is on Andrews Ave in downtown Ft Lauderdale? If so, I can only tell you about the area, not the hotel. This hotel is located within walking distance of the Las Olas Riverfront where there is a Water Taxi embarkation/disembarkation stop. The hotel is also only a few blocks away from the Las Olas shopping/restaurant/nightlife district. However, DO NOT walk at night to and from this hotel. In the daytime it is fine to do so. There is a Publix Supermarket just a few blocks south of this hotel (one block south of the Andrews Ave Bridge), and there is a liquor store at this Publix. There is also Himmarshee Village which is in a few blocks walking distance of the hotel (very short cab ride at night); restaurants and bars are located there. Again, I have never been inside this hotel; I can only tell you about the area. Hope this helps.

I have been inside the hotel but not for about 5 yrs. It is very nice. However, I agree about not walking around the hotel after dark. The neighborhood has improved a little bit since the hotel was built (there are lots of new condo/apts near there) but I don't know if that has changed the crime rate.

Archived