Port Everglades - Disembark

fisherlvnv

We are on the Soltice in November. We are flying in and out of Tampa, so that our 13 year old can visit with his older brothers. We will be driving to and from the port from Tampa. We are flying in the day before, so we are not concerned about going to the port. We return on Sunday and will need to pickup DS before we board a plane in Tampa. Will we be able to rent a car, drive to Tampa and pick up DS (near the Tampa airport) and make a 4:30 flight?

The actual drive is around 260 miles and around 4 hours and 30 minutes depending on traffic and if you need to stop.

If you pick up the rental car at 10:00 AM (I know you may do better but you never know) then you would get up there at 2:30. You still need to pick up your son, drop off the car, etc.

You'll have to decide if you can do this.

Keit

Since Alligator Alley is the only practical way to go you must remember anything can happen to close this road or I75. We live south of Tampa and have seen both roads shut down by accidents for 2 or more hours many, many times. We try to go the day before a cruise, going home doesn't matter. I would be afraid for your time frame

We were going to carry our luggage off and disembark early. My older sons could meet us at the airport and drop off my younger son. I don't have much of a selection of flights to choose from that afternoon or evening going back to Las Vegas. I would go back Monday, but work and school summon:(

We were going to carry our luggage off and disembark early. My older sons could meet us at the airport and drop off my younger son. I don't have much of a selection of flights to choose from that afternoon or evening going back to Las Vegas. I would go back Monday, but work and school summon:(

I think we have all pointed out the potential risk. You will have to hope that you can get off quickly and that the traffic is not so bad

Will you DS be staying near the airport in Tampa. Maybe the family can bring him there and wait till you get there to save time.

Keith

Archived