Carnival Legend 9/26/10 ROLL CALL

That Leone Guy

We're a nice, easy-going, laid back (legally) married gay male couple looking for other family on this sailing. we haved cruised many times and enjoyed those we have met on each cruise. We don't do shore excursions...we just like relaxing and getting away from our jobs.

We're a nice, easy-going, laid back (legally) married gay male couple looking for other family on this sailing. we haved cruised many times and enjoyed those we have met on each cruise. We don't do shore excursions...we just like relaxing and getting away from our jobs.

Carnival had sent me copies of the Legend's FUN TIMES from July 25. The representative says there isn't much of a change for each sailing. FOD meets every night at 10 in the Colossus Lobby, 2 midship.

Hmmm...I suppose that the first post didnt go through. But I am glad to see that there are other gay people coming on board (i know there are more) but the FOD meetings I am unsure about as I am shy about being judges when it comes to other gays. lol...oh well I guess I will see whats going on

There's 10 adults and one 2 yr old in my group. Me and one other from my group are gay, and the rest are all friendly (obviously). I've been to the FOD meetings a few times with mixed results -- sometimes several folks, sometimes just a few of the entertainers/social hosts, etc. (those who are allowed to be in public areas). Kinda hit or miss on how many show up.

We'll for sure be at the first one - at least 2 of us, and likely 2 to 3 of the rest of the group.

Atlanta here. Where y'all from?

Hey Mr. fancypants,

I will be seeing you all at the first FOD also, I am in the Atlanta area also, I live south on 85 down in the Newnan area. Work for the airlines. what day are heading to Tampa, are you all driving or flying, we are heading out on the 25th on Airtran like at 10:30 am or so. looking forward to meeting the other "Family" on board.

Hey Tommy,

Duluth/Sugarloaf area here. We're driving down Saturday & staying at the Hyatt Downtown Tampa. Scored a $135 room for just $48. (Thank you Mr. Shatner!) We thought about flying down, but wouldn't have been able to bring back the all liquor purchases (stock up when it's cheap) & didn't want to have to ship it back.

Aviation is a huge hobby of mine. Hope you don't mind a bit of "shop talk." I'll try not to bore you with it! I'm guessing you're FL, not DL? I can tell you this, you'd be way more bored talking about my job! Hehe... Insurance. :D

Look forward to meeting you & all the others.

-John

Hey nice to see that more of us are getting on the boat lol...I have never been to a FOD meeting before as in my earlier post may have said...but I am deff willing to meet new people. I was born and raised in tampa so we wont be staying in a hotel the night before. I would be willing to meet up with people and just hang out as well.

~Mike

Well that is whats nice about the FOD party. From my past cruise experience that didn't have FOD, we tend to find each other after the cruise is almost over, I feel my "gaydar" does not work very well on cruise ships for some reason..lol. I am sure we will run into each other at the sail away M&G. I am cruising with my str8 brother so I will be in some need of some "Family" Laughter. Also I have 2 reservations for The Golden Fleece Steakhouse for 4 people each night @ 7pm so if any of you would like to join my brother and I you are more then welcome. I have reservations for Sept. 27th and October 1, if we need to make for larger group, no problem, I will email them and change it if possible, just let me know if you want to join us, more the mary/er. E.mail me at trm200336@gmail.com. See you all soon.

John.....you are correct,,,FL it is.

Mike,

I'm 41 & my fellow gay is 42, though there are folks from 24 to 60-something in my group.

A couple of the girls are from Pinellas Park, and I'm originally from Gainesville, but been in Atlanta for a couple of years now.

You traveleing solo, w/friends/partner?

-J.

We are a group of seven traveling on Legend sep. 11. Three couples plus one. Everyone is really looking forward to it.  three of us have never cruised before, but we are looking forward to it.

Hi Cap38,

Better check your sail date! The Legend sails on Sundays, maybe you're going on the 12th? :confused: Hope you get that worked out, but at least you're a day early, which is a hell of a lot better than a day late! I expect you all will have a great time.

You may want to start a discussion for your sailing date, so you can hopefully meet up with folks on your cruise. We'll all be on the 9/26/10 Legend sailing. Since there's a week between when you get back & we all leave, post w/ the details on your FOD meetings. (When/where, anyone else show up?)

Hey guys,

I am 43, but act like I am younger,,lol. I am sailing with my str8 brother, first time ever for him and I to vacation together other then when we were little tykes...He is arriving on the 22nd in Atlanta and I am going to show him around abit, going to the Aquarium on Friday. we then are flying to Tampa on Saturday and staying at the Hilton Garden Inn which is our crew hotel, I only have to pay 40.00 for the night. Of course we head to the ship on sunday, I am VIP with Carnival so will be in the VIP room till we board, we will pretty much be at the pier by 10:30ish or so. After the cruise we are coming back to Atlanta and hanging out for a couple of days, going to take him to Stone Mountain since I have never been there yet either. On the 6th of Oct. we are heading to Las Vegas for 3 days and then after Vegas we fly to California back to our mom's house to hang out a couple days. then I have my 25 yr class in Pebble Beach on the 9th, after reunion I fly back to Atlanta. Then it will be time for a real vacation, dang I am tired from just telling you all what we are doing...lol

Where the hell have I been? I started this discussion and all this activity! this rock on top of me sure is heavy!

OK, for starters, we are a legally married couple from the Boston area...both a young 57, fabulous looking (riots break out in our presence), easy going, laid back, non pretentious and every now and then, we like a smart cocktail...ok ok, more now than then!

Tom, we are thinking of going to the steakhouse as well...we shall talk! Mr. Fancypants, I will be the one in a thong dancing on the bar at the first FOD. Please, no dollar bills, just $5's and $10's. As you guessed, I need to come out of my shell.

mike, you can hang with us...if anyone asks, we will just say you are our illegally adopted son, that shouldn't turn heads!

Ok lastly, if any of you need bail money...let me know...now lets go out there and have one hell of a cruise!

Mr. Fancypants, I will be the one in a thong dancing on the bar at the first FOD. Please, no dollar bills, just $5's and $10's. As you guessed, I need to come out of my shell.

So long as it's a leather or an animal print thong, it's all good! :D (Just none of that cheesy gold/silver/pink lamé crap.)

Archived