Martha Brea rafting

Emptynesternow

It certainly was a one of a kind experiance. I really enjoyed it.:) There was a storm a few days before so the river was moving very quickly. I can only imagine how relaxing it would be if they could meander down the river like they are meant too. But it only added to the fun!

The natural beauty of Jamaica is stunning. I would recommend you be a nature lover or you may find it "boring". The guide was very nice and entertaining. He would sing like a Gondlier would while he rafted you down the river. He also pulled over to the side to grab a lime of a lime tree...did you know that the leaves taste like lime too? I didn't. It was an unexpected simple joy to have that happen.

The guide on the bus to the river was soooo nice and really gave alot of historical information about Jamaica. I enjoyed it very much. They do have a part at the end when you can get out to shop but I didn't. We just went back to the ship. I bought a few things at the river from local artisans. Some really cool hand carved wood sculptures and a mini version of the raft we had been on....the mini raft was just too cute to pass on. :p

I would recommend it...absolutely!

No, there were people there selling some stuff. But you could walk right past and it was no probelm. The good thing about going on a tour with the ship is there were other people with you. Some stopped, some didn't. They were so busy focusing on those who did stop it wasn't a probelm if you just went back to the bus. It wasn't a hostile environment either. Very respectfully done.

I, however did not get off the bus for the "shopping" afterward at the shopping plaza. I don't really shop and didn't want to be bothered.

I bought what they were selling at the river because it was actually something I appreciated. Which is rare for me to find something that struck my fancy. They were very nice to me.

Have a great time! Its was alot of fun. :)

Archived