Miami Car Rental Return/Shuttle

Bert64

Can anyone definitively confirm (i.e. have used it in the past couple of months) which car rental agencies have a shuttle from Miami Airport to the Port of Miami?

Last time we returned a car there, we used Dollar, and they had a shuttle from the rental place to the port and it was simple and easy. But now I'm reading that only Alamo has a shuttle to the port, or maybe none at all:confused:

So please, anyone who has rented a car, returned it to MIA and then takes a shuttle to the POM, can you let me know which car agency(ies) offer a shuttle to the POM. Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering the same thing. Renting from National. I wrote and asked them. Their reply is below:

Thank you for contacting National Car Rental.

Shuttle service at the Miami Airport rental location is provided to and from the Port of Miami. Shuttle service is only available during the hours of 8 A.M. to 3 P.M., and coincides with the arrival and departure of major cruise lines. You will not need to call for pier pick up. The National shuttle bus stops at all piers, at designated areas outside of the pier.

If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to email us or contact our reservations department at 1-800-CAR-RENT (1-800-227-7368).

I believe all the rental car companies located in the Rental Car Center use the same shuttle service. They do from the rental car center in FLL.

Archived