Lets do an all things Navigator of the seas thread

[quote name='copnlpn2']Just a bit of info to add about the Navigator - the rails on the ship are unpainted on purpose. On one of my cruises on the NOS, I was talking with the captain and asked if the rails had been stripped in preparation for varnishing. He said, no, the rails are meant to be just like they are - natural.[/QUOTE]
We have just finished a B2B on Navigator and the Captain must have changed his mind as the hand rails on the balconies have now been sealed with a linseed oil type teak sealer and are a dark brown color. Deck 10 has been dome twice and they are steadily working their way down the decks. Most have only been done once so far. It certainly makes the ship look more cared for.

[quote name='librayacht']We have just finished a B2B on Navigator and the Captain must have changed his mind as the hand rails on the balconies have now been sealed with a linseed oil type teak sealer and are a dark brown color. Deck 10 has been dome twice and they are steadily working their way down the decks. Most have only been done once so far. It certainly makes the ship look more cared for.[/QUOTE]

Hi.
Do you know if any of the rooms have been upgraded with flat screen tvs?
Thanks,
Marilyn

Librayacht - thanks for the update on the Navigator's railings! I'm glad to know they are getting a more "finished" look. For whatever practical reason, the "naked" wood rails were, in my opinion, a very unattractive feature on an otherwise beautiful ship!

I'll check the progress of the work at hand when I sail on the Navigator again in April!:):)

[quote name='cookmg40']Hi.
Do you know if any of the rooms have been upgraded with flat screen tvs?
Thanks,
Marilyn[/QUOTE]
The Grand and Junior suites both have Sanyo flat screen TV's. We glanced into some of the other cabins while they were being cleaned and noticed that some of the cabins have regular tube TV's. It is probably a mixture depending on category booked.

[quote name='librayacht']The Grand and Junior suites both have Sanyo flat screen TV's. We glanced into some of the other cabins while they were being cleaned and noticed that some of the cabins have regular tube TV's. It is probably a mixture depending on category booked.[/quote]

Great to hear. We were able to grab an aft JS - 1694 - on our upcoming cruise. We recently booked when I saw that room become available. Very excited. First time on Navigator and first aft cabin. I am really looking forward to Vintages and Chops Grille!!

• 1 month later...
[quote name='fmax']Sports

Not a sports person but here's some information on what's available. The times changed daily depending on whether a sea day or not but is always published inthe compass.

Sports Court: 24 hrs
Rock Climbing
Dunes Mini Golf: 24 hrs
Inline Skating
Sports Desk
Volleyball

Two Poets Pub and 19th Hole Bar both had sports on TV during the week

Nintendo Wii Open Play Ixtapa Lounge
Longest Drive Competition, Golf Simulator
Ice Skating (socks and long pants required)

There is a jogging track on deck 12 but probably need to be their early as there are lounge chairs near the track and I'm sure some people will have no qualms in moving their chairs onto track to optimize their tan.

On the last day there was also a Walk for Wishes with Captain Patrik and senior officers. Can't recall details of this but think there's a nominal fee and you get a t-shirt and the money goes to a good cause.[/quote]

There is a golf simulator on the Navigator? Where is it? Is it an extra cost? I would love to try it while my DW is at the spa!

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Angel59920']Does anybody have a cruise compass for the 8 night eastern caribbean?

Does anybody know anything about the kids club?[/quote]

The kids club did not receive high marks on the cruise we just came off of on NOS which left FLL on April 18th. Many kids on our cruise also with it being spring break week for High Schools.

As for the TVs, we were in a D2 cabin on deck 7 and it had a tube TV. Most I saw on our deck had tubes that I would see in while cleaning.

Beautiful ship and great crew though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
[COLOR=purple]So glad to have found this thread! My DH and I will be taking our 2nd cruise on NOS in February. We will be taking the dear children (20,16,12) on their 1st cruise. We have booked 2 interior rooms side by side. Any information on the kids programs and sports deck would be helpful. [/COLOR]

• 8 months later...
I guess this is the most recent thread for All Things Navigator of the Seas. There seem to be several, but they are pretty old. Needs to be some archiving or merging done! Anyway, we are booked on Navigator in March of 2013 and I'm just scouring the Boards looking for helpful information. I started a Roll Call for that sailing too, so maybe that will help. Hope someone reads this!
Dave

Hey! There's actually one slightly newer out there somewhere. I didn't join this board until October-ish and I remember there was one around when I started that was new at the time. There's also this thread: [url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1556098[/url] It's active right now and great!

We'll be on NOS in just 16 days! Can't wait.

[quote name='jebuell']Hey! There's actually one slightly newer out there somewhere. I didn't join this board until October-ish and I remember there was one around when I started that was new at the time. There's also this thread: [url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1556098[/url] It's active right now and great!

We'll be on NOS in just 16 days! Can't wait.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Archived