Cpap ???

happycruizer

My husband took his along. His is dual-voltage. If you cannot find any information on the instructions sheet, check with the supply company. I know that my cell phone and computers have been dual-voltage ever since the early 2000's.

Have a wonderful trip!!!

We leave Thursday for our Romantic Rhine cruise with Avalon. DH has a CPAP that is less than 3 yr. old........will he need an adapter? Don't want to "fry" his machine.

there is a difference between an adapter and a converter. The adapter (aka travel plug) enables the American plug to go into the wall outlet. The converter converts the voltage from 110v to 220v. You may not need the converter based on your model's specs but you will need an adapter unless you bought this unit in Europe to begin with!

Thanks for all responses. Yes, I realize there is a difference in converters vs. adapters and I was curious about the adapter. However, after looking my msg. I can see the confusion:confused:. The converter issue is somthing I need to make sure of.

We leave Thursday for our Romantic Rhine cruise with Avalon. DH has a CPAP that is less than 3 yr. old........will he need an adapter? Don't want to "fry" his machine.

so, I've read on these boards that Avalon has limited supply of adapters for folks to use but no converters. I wouldn't want to take that chance... just pack an adapter and you won't have to borrow one. (They're available for less than $10.) Besides, if you stay in a hotel pre or post, you'll be able to use it there as well.

The bigger question is rather if the CPAP machine is dual voltage; if so, you won't need to pack a converter!

Personally, I think it's weird that Avalon Waterways is marketing to the US but installed 220v on their boats. I don't get it!

Thanks for all responses. Yes, I realize there is a difference in converters vs. adapters and I was curious about the adapter. However, after looking my msg. I can see the confusion:confused:. The converter issue is somthing I need to make sure of.

My DH's machine (a Bi-pap) required a converter. Be safe and take the converter. You can get an entire kit including converter and multiple adapters in Target's luggage department.

Personally, I think it's weird that Avalon Waterways is marketing to the US but installed 220v on their boats. I don't get it!

It's my impression that all the boats in Europe and Asia have 220. Most of the world except for North America, has 220. We are really the minority when it comes to electricity.

Archived