ATV excursions (Cozumel)

austinellie

My husband and I would like to do this on our upcoming cruise - but I noted that RCI labels it as "strenuous" and and I'm curious as to is it strenuous because of the bumpy invigorating ride....or is it something a semi-couch potato can handle? :o

Just did the ATV excursion in Cozumel a few days ago. You drive on a dirt path that has mud puddles, large rocks, and a lot of bumps but my wife who would herself tell you she has not an athletic bone in her body managed to do fine.

I did this in 2004, the ATV's are easily handled however the road is messy and BUMPY.. I did come around a corner too fast and wound up smashing into a boulder. I flew off of my ATV and the ATV flipped over several times. My advice is to go for it, you only live once and it is fun however you should be careful and make sure to go slowly around turns so you don't wind up on the ground like me... :D

I was ultimately okay, just some scrapes and bruises.. My cousin who was with me appeared to be more traumatized and has declared she will never do this again. I did manage to get back on the ATV (once the instructor flipped it over) and continued my journey.

Have fun and be safe!

I did this in 2004, the ATV's are easily handled however the road is messy and BUMPY.. I did come around a corner too fast and wound up smashing into a boulder. I flew off of my ATV and the ATV flipped over several times. My advice is to go for it, you only live once and it is fun however you should be careful and make sure to go slowly around turns so you don't wind up on the ground like me... :D

I was ultimately okay, just some scrapes and bruises.. My cousin who was with me appeared to be more traumatized and has declared she will never do this again. I did manage to get back on the ATV (once the instructor flipped it over) and continued my journey.

Have fun and be safe!

Wow, what an experience to share. Good thing you weren't seriously hurt.

Archived