What does this mean?

cdimockmma99

So while we were on the Spirit having lunch in Cagney's we had a wonderful conversation with the Hotel Director. After this conversation he proceeded to give me his business card with email and contacts and told my wife and I if we ever wanted to sail on another Norwegian Cruise to contact him first. So that evening I asked the Concierge about this and his eyes lit up and he told s that was very good.

So what does this all mean? Will it be a better cabin, upgrade, discount, or was this a normal thing?

So while we were on the Spirit having lunch in Cagney's we had a wonderful conversation with the Hotel Director. After this conversation he proceeded to give me his business card with email and contacts and told my wife and I if we ever wanted to sail on another Norwegian Cruise to contact him first. So that evening I asked the Concierge about this and his eyes lit up and he told s that was very good.

So what does this all mean? Will it be a better cabin, upgrade, discount, or was this a normal thing?

Will be sailing the Spirit again in January. Could you tell me the names of the Hotel Director and Concierge on your cruise. Curious to see if the ones we've had before are still on the ship.

TIA

Dianne

The HD can and often bestows VIP status on certain cruisers, which often means a comped dinner, perhaps an upgrade, or other perks.

I found this out the fun way.

I spent a bunch of time chatting with the Hotel Director one day on the Epic in Posh. Very nice, very passionate about the ship and his job. The next day he saw me and remembered my name and we chatted some more. Good memory.

The next day a personalized letter arrived in our room thanking me for my ideas and were given a free dinner for our family of 5 any where we wanted to eat. We went to Moderno and we even got comped a great bottle of wine! (Thanks Sean!)

The HD can and often bestows VIP status on certain cruisers, which often means a comped dinner, perhaps an upgrade, or other perks.

As John stated, the HD is the one to determine the VIP list (which is above and beyond the suite passenger list) for their ship. But, they can also contact HD's on other ship on your behalf to potentially get you placed on their VIP list if you are not in a suite. There are also higher levels of VIPness for even suite passengers.

PE

I found this out the fun way.

I spent a bunch of time chatting with the Hotel Director one day on the Epic in Posh. Very nice, very passionate about the ship and his job. The next day he saw me and remembered my name and we chatted some more. Good memory.

The next day a personalized letter arrived in our room thanking me for my ideas and were given a free dinner for our family of 5 any where we wanted to eat. We went to Moderno and we even got comped a great bottle of wine! (Thanks Sean!)

Sean is a gem! We met him on the Spirit. His attention to detail and memory amazed me. Sean is very passionate about his job, and that seems to translate to everyone below him. That is great management!

Before sailing on the Spirit, we'd done 4 other cruise on 3 different lines. We'd met a charming CD on Princess, but other than that I can honestly say we'd not met another officer and never thought meeting them would make any difference in our cruising experience. Boy, were we wrong! We met several fine officers at our M&G on the Spirit, and they all greeted us by name when seeing us (the same thing happened on the Pearl with it's wonderful officers - shout out to Tony and Denis!). It was fun to hear their great stories and the info they chose to share. It still amazes me the hours they keep, and still do their jobs so well while actually listening and paying attention to the passengers! This is one of the ways NCL won us over. Only met one officer that I thought just did really "fit", and come to find out, he's no longer with NCL.

If you ever get a chance to meet Tony Lockett - do it! He was the F&B Director on the Pearl this past March, and he tells great stories! Very fun to listen to, and he has a very onery twinkle in his eyes...

Sean is a gem! We met him on the Spirit. His attention to detail and memory amazed me. Sean is very passionate about his job, and that seems to translate to everyone below him. That is great management!

Sean is a direct "prodigy" of Klaus. He has been on Klaus's team for quite some time in bringing new ships out. We met Sean on the Jewel when it was first brought out and he was F&B Director of Klaus's "bring out team".

PE

Sean is a direct "prodigy" of Klaus. He has been on Klaus's team for quite some time in bringing new ships out. We met Sean on the Jewel when it was first brought out and he was F&B Director of Klaus's "bring out team".

PE

Yes, Sean has some great stories of Klaus. Before we had gone on our first NCL cruise, I'd read so much about the legendary Klaus, but still had no idea the impact meeting an HD, F&BD, concierge or the like would impact our cruising. Now I have a glimpse of that thanks to the wonderful NCL officers! Now, if we could just get NCL to do a full-transit Panama Canal cruise over our DS's Christmas break......

I know the gentleman you're referring to. He's a very sweet man, and genuine with his offer. He extended to us the same hospitality and we've remained friends for years.

It could mean almost anything, but probably VIP treatment.

Nita

Archived