Tropical Storm Danielle

Rhitson88

A PP mentioned www.wunderground.com. I sort of got familiar with Dr. Jeff Masters during our ordeal with Katrina (we have an unpleasant anniversary coming up in just a few days.)

I don't want to sound like I'm his goodwill ambassador, but this guy is spot on. Besides the link mentioned, this connects with his blog. I'm telling ya, he's worth paying attention to. He can get a little technical (OK, a lot), but you can take his opinions to the bank:

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/article.html

How about the Canada coastline? Hope not, we will be in Halifax two weeks from now.

Doubt it. By the time if gets all the way up there they will most likely really have died down. I have attached the most recent tracking maps of Danielle and Earl right behind it.

Danielle.jpg.1789818b82e743888a41a87ec3985328.jpg

Earl.jpg.aa7732199cd3378872d2105b66633303.jpg

Anybody heard anything new? I see its currently over the Atlantic. Does anyone know the chances of it coming to Ft Lauderdale say around...Sunday when I am supposed to leave aboard the Emerald Princess? I bet it will die down by that time but just wondering what you guys have heard on tv. Thanks.

I am going on the emerald trip as well,this is my first cruise at 70,I will be flying from the UK on Saturday.I feel a bit nervous about it but we will just have to wait and see,I have been tracking Danielle on the U.S hurricane watch website.:eek:

Patx

Well, that's exactly where we're cruising in 11 days!!

We fly from NYC to London on Sept. 1, then cruise England, Ireland, N. Ireland, Iceland, Greenland, and Canada before heading back to NYC. So not only are our flights in jeopardy, but the entire TA cruise. And if the next hurricane arrives on our way - oh my, I don't even want to think of it.

I'm afraid to fly in good weather, but in bad weather I'm a basket case. :(

I agree with you, since I do not fly anymore. Insofar as your cruise is concerned, I believe that this hurricane will be over before your ocean crossing. Earl, or the one after him may be a different story, but at this time any predictions would be worthless.

A PP mentioned www.wunderground.com. I sort of got familiar with Dr. Jeff Masters during our ordeal with Katrina (we have an unpleasant anniversary coming up in just a few days.)

I don't want to sound like I'm his goodwill ambassador, but this guy is spot on. Besides the link mentioned, this connects with his blog. I'm telling ya, he's worth paying attention to. He can get a little technical (OK, a lot), but you can take his opinions to the bank:

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/article.html

I posted the site because I'm with you, he always seems to be spot on.

Archived