Titanic Cemetary/Peggy's Cove Tour

I will be in Halifax and am interested in the history of the Titanic(cemetary tour and visit to Maritime museum) but also want to see Peggy's Cove plus the highlights of Halifax(Citadel). Is there a tour with all that I want to see or am I better to skip something like Peggy's Cove? Is Fairview Cemetary close that I could get there by public transit? Is there a Titanic tour at the cemetary I can do all my own? I am young so I can go at a good clip. I don't need lunch or snack breaks. Shopping time would be a waste of tour time for me. Thanks for the advise.

We did an excursion through Royal Caribbean (just last week, in fact) that covered both these things. We hopped on a bus and went to the cemetary. You could definitely do it on your own, but it was neat to hear some of the stories from the guide. Then we hopped back on the bus for the hour ride to Peggy's Cove. Peggy's Cove was AMAZING. We had an hour of free time there to walk around the village, climb out to the lighthouse, etc.

We're young too (late 20's), so we usually find the ship shore excursions to be a little too much like herding cattle around in a motorcoach, but this one was perfect.

Oh, and we walked to the Maritime Museum by ourselves in the morning. It's a lovely, easy 15 minute walk along the harbor from the ship. We did not have time to make it to the Citadel and do all this though.

Archived