Princess Excursion-St. Lucia By Land & Sea With Lunch

seahag1

Has anyone been on this excursion with princess? We'll be on the Emerald and this is being offered as one of their tours.

If you took this, what did you think of it? Was it overcrowded? Did you feel you got a good tour of the island, etc and how was the food? Trying to book with Herod, but replies are slow to come by and I'm wondering how this might compare with what he has to offer.

Sovereign of the Seas 2003

Caribbean Princess 2004. 2005, 2006

Coral Princess 2006

Carnival Inspiration 2006

Ms Zuiderdam 2007

Ruby Princess 2008

Eurodam 2009

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

We went on this tour in 2008 with Princess. We like tours to see the sights, visit interesting places (vistas, businesses, craft centers, plantations, etc...), but overall we were disappointed with the tour. It was a LOT of time on the road with only short stops and at the lunch stop we met up with a number of other tours for a bland buffet. I much preferred the Princess tour that visited Fond Doux estate (I can't recall the name of the tour) - it stopped at more interesting places, the scenery was more dramatic, and the pace was better (not too fast or too slow). I've also done the beach break through Princess which was fine, but the beaches are nowhere near as nice as the other islands.

I hope this helps.

Hi,

We went on this tour in 2008 with Princess. We like tours to see the sights, visit interesting places (vistas, businesses, craft centers, plantations, etc...), but overall we were disappointed with the tour. It was a LOT of time on the road with only short stops and at the lunch stop we met up with a number of other tours for a bland buffet. I much preferred the Princess tour that visited Fond Doux estate (I can't recall the name of the tour) - it stopped at more interesting places, the scenery was more dramatic, and the pace was better (not too fast or too slow). I've also done the beach break through Princess which was fine, but the beaches are nowhere near as nice as the other islands.

I hope this helps.

Did you simply dislike this type of tour or do you think an independent such as Cosol or Spencer Ambrose would have been significantly better?

Archived