Air France Check in/Baggage Drop LAX

Does anyone know what time we will be able to drop our bags at LAX for the evening flight to Paris?

I know that the cruise line will drop us at the airport in the morning and we don't want to spend all day at the airport.

I have had some really good advice from replies on another thread suggesting car hire and using airport hotel bell hops but I wondered if anyone has flown post cruise with Air France on the evening flight and knows what time we can get rid of our luggage.

You know for sure what time the cruise company will get you from the port (presumably San Pedro or Long Beach) to LAX? Do they have just one shuttle (I imagine others will also have evening departures)? It looks like Air France has a late afternoon flight, but they may not open the check-in desk until about noon, and you may or may not be able to check in then for the evening flight. Best to phone Air France. If it's just a central # see if they can give you the AF number at LAX itself. I've read about a private baggage storage service that says it'll pick up your bags curbside at LAX, but have not used them. If you Google baggage storage LAX you should find it.

You know for sure what time the cruise company will get you from the port (presumably San Pedro or Long Beach) to LAX? Do they have just one shuttle (I imagine others will also have evening departures)? It looks like Air France has a late afternoon flight, but they may not open the check-in desk until about noon, and you may or may not be able to check in then for the evening flight. Best to phone Air France. If it's just a central # see if they can give you the AF number at LAX itself. I've read about a private baggage storage service that says it'll pick up your bags curbside at LAX, but have not used them. If you Google baggage storage LAX you should find it.

Thanks for that. The luggage storage is another option.

I am sure that they will not let us wait on the ship and assume they will transfer us to the airport on disembarkation.

You are right, I need to ring Air France

And confirm with the cruise company just when the shuttle(s) will get you to LAX. There could be more than one.

Good point.

I am assuming that they will just disembark you and load you onto the next bus to the airport. They want you off the ship and out of the way to make way for the next cruise.

Archived