Help! Stingray City and Turtles... who to use?

ladeeesquire

Hi!

we'll be on the carnival legend in about 2 weeks. I originally booked capt marvins for the 1/2 day stingray trip. For some reason I was thinking that included the turtle farm and hell. I was wrong. It includes stingrays then 2 other snorkling places. They suggested if we really wanted the turtles to do a 2 hr to the stingrays then we could add a tour afterward with turtles, hell and I think the rum factory (??) for like $30 more pp which semed pricey to me.

Here's the thing, I don't think we care about Hell... its just a PO right? And, we don't drink so anything alcohol related is useless to us. We just want to do stingrays (without other snorkling places because I'll have my 2.5 yr old with me) and turtles.

I was thinking about sticking with the 2 hr stingray and then after just doing the turtle farm on our own. Does this seem like it would work well for us? does anyone have another trip/operator that would include both without a bunch of other stuff we're no interested in?

Pls help!!! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Moby Dick Tours was excellent. After meeting at the dock, we loaded onto a bus and headed to the boat. It’s about ½ hour boat ride to get to snorkel/stingray city. Complimentary water and juice is provided. First stop is the snorkelling area where you get about ½ hour to explore. They provide the snorkelling equipment. Second stop is stingray city. The stingrays are amazing creatures and the whole experience was awesome! The Moby Dick staff were superb. They get right in the water and show you how to interact/handle the rays. We really enjoyed this tour as it was very laid back, relaxing, and fun. We were lucky enough to have a dolphin swimming beside the boat on the way back. I highly recommend this tour with Moby Dick, you won't be disappointed!!!:D

Thanks for the info on this. We've been some years ago, but are taking our parents for the first time in December and I have one question: do you recall whether the boat got close enough to the sand bar at Stingray City for people to walk or wade from the boat to the rays, rather than swim? I seem to recall this being the case when we did it, but know that some of the excursions that use larger boats have to anchor a ways away so that people have to swim to the sand bar. It doesn't matter for me, but we have someone in our party in December who wants to see the stingrays but who doesn't swim. So, we'er hoping perhaps an excursion with a smaller boat will be able to get close enough that they can wade to the sand bar.

Thanks for any info you may be able to offer. :)

Archived