Carnival Spirit Question.

tytan

Our family of five is looking to book a spring break cruise on the Carnival Spirit for a 5 day sailing to Cabo. There are no adjoining cabins left so we have a choice of a balcony and an inside across the hall or two balcony cabins side by side. Surprisingly the cost difference is not that much.

My question is are the balcony dividers on the outside deck able to be opened to allow a quasi adjoining cabin ?

TIA

From what I understand... They are able to open them for you, but that does not necessarily mean they will. There are a certain number of clamps on the ship (I believe about 40) and once that many dividers have been opened, then all bets are off. I also understand that the captain will have them all closed for inclement weather, rough seas, any reason he sees fit. It is a crap-shoot, but your chances are better if you get a maintenance guy to open it right away when you board.

We were in side by side balcony cabins on the Spirit, and they took out the divider for us. Like ejeffo said, you need to ask to have it moved as soon as possible as they limit the numer of dividers they will remove.

• 2 weeks later...
Our family of five is looking to book a spring break cruise on the Carnival Spirit for a 5 day sailing to Cabo. There are no adjoining cabins left so we have a choice of a balcony and an inside across the hall or two balcony cabins side by side. Surprisingly the cost difference is not that much.

My question is are the balcony dividers on the outside deck able to be opened to allow a quasi adjoining cabin ?

TIA

We just booked 8220, 22, and 24 for the same cruise 3/27/11 and they told us that these balconies do not have the option to remove the dividers. It would be a nice surprise if they can but our booking online also states they cant be removed?

Archived