Carnival or Norwegian in March for a mid 30s couple?

Roos7500

My wife and I are planning our second cruise and want to do the mexican riviera the end of March of 2011. We really enjoyed our first caribbean cruise on Royal Caribbean. It looks like the only economy choices in March are Carnival or Norwegian. What do you recommend and why?

I thought I read someplace that NCL was ceasing their MR cruises next year.

I've heard the Splendor is a really nice ship. Princess is still doing some MR cruises next year, but will also doing the Hawaiian cruises which are more interesting (at least to me).

Everyone has different taste. I have done both NCL and Carnival and I much prefer Carnival!! In fact I won't do NCL again. I did not like the food in either the main dining room or the buffet on NCL. The only good food was in their specialty restaurants(IMO) I don't know how prices compare. We really liked the Spirit although we are trying the Splendor in Jan.

I also like Carnival much better than NCL. Better food, didn't like anytime philosophy, better cabin. Perhaps you should post this question on the Carnival and NCL boards to see what you get from their frequent cruisers.

I also like Carnival much better than NCL. Better food, didn't like anytime philosophy, better cabin. Perhaps you should post this question on the Carnival and NCL boards to see what you get from their frequent cruisers.

that's why I wouldn't try NCL. From what I heard, the only way you can get decent food is by eating in the extra-cost dining rooms. And have to fuss with getting reservations in the morning (which seems to me going against the "freestyle" idea -- if you have to think about where you want to eat early in the morning and sit on the phone, hoping to get a reservation...). Would rather go to an assigned seating, and not have to think about it til it's time to get dressed for dinner.

Archived