Best way to spend 4-6 hours in Miami???

DreamzTerra

Leaving in 3 days for Miami for a cruise on Saturday. We debark on the following Saturday but don't fly out until 4:40 p.m. I know there have been several similar posts, but still can't seem to come up with any great options to spend 4-6 hours between the boat and plane (aside from sitting at the airport). Thought I'd send one last shout out to see if anyone has suggestions that I might not have considered. :rolleyes:

Leaving in 3 days for Miami for a cruise on Saturday. We debark on the following Saturday but don't fly out until 4:40 p.m. I know there have been several similar posts, but still can't seem to come up with any great options to spend 4-6 hours between the boat and plane (aside from sitting at the airport). Thought I'd send one last shout out to see if anyone has suggestions that I might not have considered. :rolleyes:

You could actually go to the Bayside Market Place, which is about 5 mins from the port. It is a very interesting place, lots of shops, restaurants, bars etc. They also have "scenic boat cruises" that take you all around the bay area and show you all the "stars" homes etc. My DD and I did this last year and really liked it. It is apprx. 1 1/2 hrs long and I believe it was apprx. $25 pp. If you have never visited it, you might want to give it a try.

Sue

Is this a 5 minute walk or cab ride? We are in the same situation. I think the kids would love that boat cruise. What to do with the bags :confused:.

It is a 5 min. cab ride. As far as your bags go, that is definitely a good question! Maybe someone else on these boards could answer that for you. I know some cruise lines work with some airlines so that you can make arrangements to have your bags sent directly to the airport. You might want to check into that.

Sue

Take advantage of your cruise line's BAGS program. Typically $20 per person to take the bags from the hall the night before disembarkation and they check them through for you to your destination.

Also, your cruise line may have an excursion you might enjoy.

Seaquarium, Metro Zoo, Vizcaya, they're all worth seeing

I have the same problem since our flight doesn't leave Ft. Lauderdale until 5:30. Also, flying Southwest & they do not participate in bags program. Does anyone know where we could check bags and be free to fill 5 hours or so in Miami or Ft. Lauderdale doing or seeing something. (Don't care for the post cruise trip offered by NCL). Thank you.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been to Bayside before and we had about 4 hours to kill. It was interesting enough for a 1st visit. I haven't taken boat tour. Might be something consider. I believe I had seen on another thread that there is somewhere at Bayside where you can pay a small fee to leave luggage too, which is a nice benefit.

I'm hoping our NCL cruise has the bags program. We're flying American Airlines, which I think would be part of it, if so. That would certainly be ideal. Then awe just have to figure out what we want to do for the day. :o

Archived