Crooked Tree wildlife sanctuary

ocean paradise

We will be sailing on the Grand March 5th. Princess has changed our port times and cancelled our tour:mad:. So now we are looking for another one:cool: Does anyone know anything about the Crooked Tree Sanctuary? We would like to seevsome of the rainforest or inside of Belize vs. just water activities. Please help:eek:

Ocean Paradise,

We were at Crooked Tree last week. Princess changed our ports also. Belize and Costa Maya were flip-flopped but the tours kept the same times.

Crooked Tree Sanctuary is approximately 45 minutes from the dock. You must use tenders in Belize. There are many private tour companies that are waiting for your business at the docks and many people use them.

We did see the gaint crane, in fact we saw three of them plus many birds we have never seen before. We stayed at CTS about 2+ hours.

Have you called Princess yet and asked them why tours were cancelled if you are in Belize six hours? Having Princess tours seems to help you get off the ship faster but being insistant but polite will get you off the ship quicker. At Cayman Islands it took an hour to get off ship on tender to go on three snorkle tour with Captain Marvin, but those with NO booked tours tooked upwards of 2 1/2 hours!!

Bob

Thanks Bob.

You really didn't say if you enjoyed the excursion or would recommend it. I read that you can rent canoes or boats for the wetlands. Did you see any boats or did you walk? I guess I'm not sure how you walk thru the wetlands.:confused: I think we will stick with Princess excursions, for all the reasons everyone has talked about and it will also be a plus getting off the ship. This excursion starts at

7:30 am:eek: We were planning on the Sibun river and cave excursion, I guess since are get there so early they cancelled it.:( Thanks again Bob.

ocean paradise,

Yes, we would recommend this tour especially if your interested in birds. We had a guide and that was a plus who could indentify the birds and showing us with a bird book he had.

We did not see a place to rent canoes or boats or anything of that nature. There was a trail along the waters edge.

Having non-Princess tours at stops where you do not have to use tenders are less expensive. Gor us it was Caccobean and Cozumel.

Have a good trip.

Bob P

• 2 weeks later...

We had a great time with ***** seeing these birds we had never seen before.

There were no renting of boats or canoes at the Sanctuary.We had a boat that take us through the Lagoon, but it was all included in our prices.

We were told when the water get very low then you walk nature trail. :)

Archived