Help with cabin choice booking tomorrow

Shellideglman

Hello,

We will be sailing on Carnival Splendor March 2011. I am trying to accommodate the request of 3 different people. My 15yr old would prefer a cabin higher up on the ship while my mom(58) and aunt(55) want a window. My thought process led me to the category 4j rooms on the upper, veranda, empress, and Lido decks. My concern is with the possibility of motion sickness. Has anyone had any experience in this category of rooms? If so are the lower decks better? Three of us have cruised before but always midship. My mom is normally a Holland America cruiser while my daughter and I bounce between RCCL and Carnival. In my opinion any cabin is better than my room at home but its not just me cruising. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Shelli

Hello,

We will be sailing on Carnival Splendor March 2011. I am trying to accommodate the request of 3 different people. My 15yr old would prefer a cabin higher up on the ship while my mom(58) and aunt(55) want a window. My thought process led me to the category 4j rooms on the upper, veranda, empress, and Lido decks. My concern is with the possibility of motion sickness. Has anyone had any experience in this category of rooms? If so are the lower decks better? Three of us have cruised before but always midship. My mom is normally a Holland America cruiser while my daughter and I bounce between RCCL and Carnival. In my opinion any cabin is better than my room at home but its not just me cruising. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Shelli

Shelli

With the 4J cabins you might be able to see something and you might not. If the window, or view is important be careful when you select those cabins. IMO you should probably stick with traditional ocean views, Cat 6.

Archived