Help me find lost city of marigot!

geocruiser

I know what you mean...

I was expecting a downtown skyline like this...

DSC_1769.jpg

but all I got was lousy this.

MarigotMall-324.jpg

What a bummer, huh?

Next time I'll try Google Earth first, to check the place out

before I bother to tender ashore. :cool:

As usual, you have the bluest sky. and did anyone else notice in the pic of lower Manhattan the towers of the Brooklyn Bridge in the lower right part of the picture?

In contrast, the towers of the Verrazano Bridge in Lower NY bay that the NY cruise ships sail under are 70 stories high, more than any skyscraper in NY but the Empire State and the Chrysler Buildings .

2448757880096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

While you are in Marigot, don't forget to stop by Sarafina's (or one of the other pastry shops) and sample their DELICIOUS French pastry!!! Mmmm mmmm - it was so good and there were so many to pick from, it was difficult to decide what to have. I even tried to take some pastries back onto the ship for the rest of my family to try but they didn't make it through security :(.

One day, I'd love to go back and spend a few days on the island so I can really explore everything.

[Thanks for the pictures of MY home town. I do miss it. I was born in Brooklyn and raised in Staten Island. I lived in NYC for 45 years. Then moved way up state NY. It was funny, the main object that I saw in your skyline picture was the SI ferry. That yellowish boat I would know any where. I took it twice a day to get to and fro from work.

Maria

While you are in Marigot, don't forget to stop by Sarafina's (or one of the other pastry shops) and sample their DELICIOUS French pastry!!! Mmmm mmmm - it was so good and there were so many to pick from, it was difficult to decide what to have. I even tried to take some pastries back onto the ship for the rest of my family to try but they didn't make it through security :(.

Why did the ship's security confiscate your pastries? Did they give you a reason.

I've never had trouble bringing food back on board the ship from any port.

They didn't give me a reason, just said, "I don't think you can bring those on" and then took them from me and put them in the bin with the half-opened bottles of water that were confiscated from previous passengers :(

The taxi driver that brought me back to the port from downtown did warn me that they may confiscate them. She said it depends on their mood that day - guess I caught them on a bad day! I just hope someone ate them - it would be a terrible waste for such beautiful pastries to end up in a trash bin!

While you are in Marigot, don't forget to stop by Sarafina's (or one of the other pastry shops) and sample their DELICIOUS French pastry!!!

Is this the shop across the street from the market? Pastries showcased in front with tables and chairs to sit? Looked so good and the line was so long.

Archived