L shaped balcony cabin?

BOOFER9

We are assigned cabin #6459 on the Triumph; we can change to a regular balcony cabin if we want too. Has anyone stayed in one of these L SHAPED cabins? Any thoughts?

I stayed in one on the Splendor, and have one booked for our Magic TA. They have double wide balconies, so we loved it! Ours didn't have a sofa, but we didn't mind. The bed faces the window, so it was nice to wake up and have a view right in front of us.

I had #6442 L-Shaped on Freedom, and it was outstanding - I would sail in another L Shaped with long balcony again in a heartbeat! However, do be aware that you are only one floor above promenade, and somewhat over the aft lounge, so you may have noise at night from the comedy shows and karaoke. The good news is you are on the opposite side from the stage portion of the bar - ours was directly over it and we had lots of heavy thrumming and music. However, it was always over by 12:30 AM, and we never went to bed before 1:00 AM anyway, so it was no issue for us.

Since you are on the opposite side, might not even be a concern for you. But if you are the early-to-bed type and prefer total quiet, you might want to consider moving. If not, enjoy that balcony!! :)

I love the L-shaped cabins. Some things to know from my personal experience on the Glory (may not be true on all ships) Our L did not have a couch, instead, it had a small dining table with 2 chairs, which we really preferred. Also, the bathroom door is right beside the bed. I didn't like that too much. It didn't lend to privacy. The room seems to have a much bigger window. It goes across the whole front of the room, facing the balcony. It has a really long balcony, which was very nice because we had 2 other adjoining balcony cabins. Our 3 joining balconies were like a mile long! Yea! You will love the cabin! Its different. I would not want it every cruise, but I certainly would book it again! Have a great cruise!

We sail in an L shaped cabin this Sunday on VALOR...was told there was no couch...would love the table and chairs though, but i think it just has one chair at the desk!

The balcony is 75sq feet instead of the more common 35sq feet. The room size is the same as an inside cabin 185sq. feet. When you walk in you enter into a hall type area...that is where the closets are.

Also was told that the bed faces the windows. There are 2 windows side by side instead of one large one and of course the balcony door. The balcony door is not a slider so to keep it open you'll need about an 18" bungee cord.

I'll find out for sure on Sunday!!!!

Glad to hear all of the positives. We are sailing on the Splendor in January and have 6475 booked. Our PVP said these cabins are very popular. We booked almost a year out and took the last o e on the ship. I was a little disappointed to learn we wouldn't have a couch but It sounds like there is a table that replaces the couch. Have read a few comments though that there is only one chair to go with the table. Does anyone know if there are 2 chairs?

Forget the bungee cord to hold the balcony doors open. Just use the door stop and put it in the hinge about half way up. It works great. Just remember not to open the balcony door the same time as the hallway door because it becomes like a wind tunnel and everything flies around.

Forget the bungee cord to hold the balcony doors open. Just use the door stop and put it in the hinge about half way up. It works great. Just remember not to open the balcony door the same time as the hallway door because it becomes like a wind tunnel and everything flies around.

Is there a door stop in the room or would i need to bring one? Thanks for the advice about the "wind tunnel"! I would have never thought of that!

The door stop is inside the cabin by the door to the hallway. The room stewards use it when they're in the room. It works great. We found out the hard way about the wind tunnel when all the papers started flying around.

We sail in an L shaped cabin this Sunday on VALOR...was told there was no couch...would love the table and chairs though, but i think it just has one chair at the desk!

The balcony is 75sq feet instead of the more common 35sq feet. The room size is the same as an inside cabin 185sq. feet. When you walk in you enter into a hall type area...that is where the closets are.

Also was told that the bed faces the windows. There are 2 windows side by side instead of one large one and of course the balcony door. The balcony door is not a slider so to keep it open you'll need about an 18" bungee cord.

I'll find out for sure on Sunday!!!!

Please either come back here and let us know or post a review. Pretty please! We'll be in one of these cabins in about 60 some days.

Enjoy your cruise!

I'm curious to know if the L-shaped cabins on the Valor have the bed facing the wall (like in the Triumph pictures above) or the window.

I sail in 6481 (an L-shape) on the Valor in a couple months!

We were on the Valor in March in an "L" shaped room, cabin number 7439. The bed faced the window, and there was a small table and 2 chairs instead of a couch. The REALLY long balcony had a table, 2 chairs and a lounge chair.

That room was completely awesome, I really hope to book another one on our upcoming cruises!

Enjoy

Matt

We are assigned cabin #6459 on the Triumph; we can change to a regular balcony cabin if we want too. Has anyone stayed in one of these L SHAPED cabins? Any thoughts?

Have had several of them and love 'em!! :D Some don't like being at the back of the ship due to movement and being a long walk to get anywhere. But we like the movement at the back and front of the ship. Also figure we can always use the exercise :rolleyes: and what else do we have to do........a longer walk, oh well!

Enjoy!

Kat

I'm curious to know if the L-shaped cabins on the Valor have the bed facing the wall (like in the Triumph pictures above) or the window.

I sail in 6481 (an L-shape) on the Valor in a couple months!

Just off the Valor in that cabin. We loved it! The bed faced the windows.

We were on the Valor in March in an "L" shaped room, cabin number 7439. The bed faced the window, and there was a small table and 2 chairs instead of a couch. The REALLY long balcony had a table, 2 chairs and a lounge chair.

That room was completely awesome, I really hope to book another one on our upcoming cruises!

Enjoy

Matt

Very excited to read this as we will be in that exact cabin in January!:D

Archived