Viking vs Uniworld

cruiser kathy

Haven't used Viking, but our Uniworld Charistmas Market Cruise was great. We have several Uniworld cruises lined up for this year and next.

I suggest you look into Avalon. We took the Budapest to Prague trip on the Symphony last June and it was fabulous. It gives you several days in hotels at each end which allows you more time to see these cities. The cruise was one of our best. Avalon is part of Globus.

I am looking at Danube cruises on the Viking Spirit and Uniworld River Princess from Budapest to Nuremberg. Has anyone taken either of these? Which company is better Viking or Uniworld? Thanks.

I haven't done the VIKING SPIRIT--or Uniworld, for that matter--but I cruised just over a year ago on another Viking ship and enjoyed the cruise very much.

One difference between Viking and Uniworld is that Viking owns and operates its vessels, while at least some Uniworld cruises are charters. (Mind you, there's nothing inherently wrong with charters; the quality of the product is what counts.)

• 3 weeks later...

uniworld owns all of her european ships and you will have a great time on board with us , we just refurbished and invested to increase our passenger satisfaction even more!!!!

see you at Uniworld , and good sailing.

Michael.

i agree with Michael, our Uniworld reservation person told us that Uniworld owns their own european ships unlike alot of other companies...there seems to be alot of misinformation out there on the subject because our travel agent thought that uniworld ships were charters too...we dropped that agent after that information and a few other mistakes....

looking forward to Basel to Amsterdam on River Queen, september 2nd!

Beverly

uniworld owns all of her european ships.

That statement may be accurate as far as it goes (Uniworld obviously does own the ships that it owns), but some Uniworld cruises are charters.

Mind you, there's nothing inherently wrong with a charter, especially if it's on an upscale ship like a Peter Deilmann vessel or the RIVER CLOUD II.

Archived