Photo shop onboard Summit

twobluecats

Hi? We just made the leap from a professional 35mm camera to a digital. I loved playing with it this weekend but I'm a little nervous about taking it on our 14-night cruise in May. Can anyone share details about what photo services are available onboard the Summit? It would be nice to download pictures every day or two to a CD or prints.

If you're on a 14 day cruise and you have a CD burned every day or two you are going to run up quite a tab. There are various portable hard drives and CD burners that have memory card readers built in to them and don't require a PC that sell for $200 or less. For the price of burning a few CD's on the ship you could own one of these devices and have it available for use after the cruise.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;3;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

On the Summit, there is a computer station in the Computer Lab set up for transferring digital photos to CD. I didn't use it, but I believe it was $15. I just travel with several several media cards - took over 1000 photos on our 11 night sailing and still had room for more (and we had pre-cruise and post cruise travel as well, so this was about 20 days worth of photos). Places like Costco have great bargains on larger media cards. Walmart has fairly decent prices, as well.

Another trick is to review your photos each evening and delete duplicates or bad photos, then viola! you have created space on your media cards for the next days adventures. Have fun. You are going to enjoy the Summit. We loved our 11 night cruise so much, we booked the 10 night for this coming October.

Deb

Thanks for the helpful info. I think we may just purchase an extra battery and an extra card "just in case." I will certainly use the idea to "clean" up the photos each evening as I'm sure I will have captured some duplicate images or just icky photos. Can hardly wait for "our ship to come in."

Thanks again!

twobluecats - as for batteries. . . .our digital camera EATS batteries (especially when using flash), so we had to invest in rechargables - which has been GREAT. I have 4 sets. . .one in the camera, 2 in the case (just in case!) and one always charging. We originally got the 13 hour charger, but then found a 1 hour charger, so I keep batteries charged in the cabin at all times. You might look into it. . . . . .

Archived