Tiki Beach versus Royal Palm Beach Bar

mwlillie

Checking excursion prices today, the cost of getting transportation to and from Tike Beach and a "chair" while there has raised to $50 a person. So for my party of 8 that's $400.

Is there any significant reason I shouldn't just pay $8PP round-trip for a cab to Royal Palm Beach Bar, and get a chair there for $10PP (or less).

Just trying to be a little frugal here

Is there any significant reason I shouldn't just pay $8PP round-trip for a cab to Royal Palm Beach Bar, and get a chair there for $10PP (or less).

Is there anything else included in the excursion price at Tiki Beach? Food? Drinks? That might tip the balance, if they're including a significant lunch or something.

If not, then, no, there is absolutely no reason to pay a fortune for a cruise ship excursion to the beach...but shhh...don't tell anyone...then everyone else on your ship will do the same thing, and Royal Palms will be packed... ;):D

Agree with Bookbabe. No reason to spend that kind of $ to go to the beach, unless there are additional items included in that price. I have seen separate VIP areas roped-off for various cruise lines, so maybe that is partly what you would be paying for?

You could also just take a taxi to Tiki Beach, just like you would to Royal Palms, if that is where you want to go.

Checking excursion prices today, the cost of getting transportation to and from Tike Beach and a "chair" while there has raised to $50 a person. So for my party of 8 that's $400.

Just trying to be a little frugal here

Much less, much less! take a public bus (10 - 16 seater vans) for only $3.00 pp (USD) or $2.00 C.I dollars and tell the driver to drop you at Tiki Beach...there will be a round "WB" on the front of the "bus" (van) so you know it is heading to "West Bay". Ask a local where the bus stop is...it was next to the library one block from the docks, but may have moved...still less than a 5 minute walk to a public bus going to West Bay. I'm sure the chairs are not THAT much to rent.

Archived