Where to buy phone cards in Puerta Maya, (Cozumel)

ms simba

On my last cruise to Cozumel at the Puerta Maya Port, I was extremely disappointed to find that there were public phones that took Batelco phone cards BUT I could NOT find ANY store that sold these phone cards.

Has anyone ever bought a phone card in Puerta Maya? If so, approximately where was the shop that sold these phone cards?

I am more interested in the Puerta Maya port as that is where Carnival usually docks. I am handicapped and may not get to the city of Cozumel.

Can you buy a Batelco phone card before you leave on a cruise and have it shipped to your home?

Sorry, but I have never bought cards at the docks. You can buy the phone cards at the post office, it is located right on the main drag. There is a bank of pay phones outside. Double check the phones that you are talking about. Some of them you can also make collect calls from and no card is required.

I probably won't be going shopping in San Miguel. The only access I will have to a international pay phone is at the Puerta Maya port.

However, we are thinking about taking a cab out to Chankanaab if there are cabs waiting out there to take you back. So I suppose I could ask the cab driver to stop somewhere so I could buy a card.

There will be lots of cabs both at the pier and at Chankanaab.

The Puerta Maya website:

http://www.puertamaya.com/

I'll be there in a couple of weeks and if I have time/remember will see what I see.

You can try contacting them:

You may call us or email us your questions/comments at:

Phone: 011-52-987-869-1984 or

011-52-987-869-1986

Fax: 011-52-987-878-4001

Email: info@puertamaya.com

There definately was a place in those shops by the cruise ship that sold phone cards. My daughter's friend bought one. It was close to where they had a few phones down a little side alley. which I think was near the bathrooms. I believe it was a shop that was a drug store. As far as cost, $9. for 12 minutes.

Thanks for the links to the Puerta May website. I also sent them an email.

Probably (hopefully) things have changed since I was last there in December 2008. I, too, found the phones by the bathrooms. However, the drugstore I went into did not sell the phone cards. Maybe they sell them now.

Archived