Amsterdam departure

Linda-B

We are doing our own transportation from the USA to Amsterdam a few days before boarding the ship. We will be leaving on Avalon Imagery on 10/09/10.

Does anyone know where Imagery docks and what would be the best way of getting to the ship?

We are doing our own transportation from the USA to Amsterdam a few days before boarding the ship. We will be leaving on Avalon Imagery on 10/09/10.

Does anyone know where Imagery docks and what would be the best way of getting to the ship?

Are you booking into the hotel they use in Amsterdam?

We are doing the same in Ams and was told to call the cruise director in the morning to find out the area the boat will be docked.

We aren't going to the meeting hotel first, as we are staying near the train station which is near the piers.

We are doing the same in Ams and was told to call the cruise director in the morning to find out the area the boat will be docked.

We aren't going to the meeting hotel first, as we are staying near the train station which is near the piers.

I did a Uniworld departure from Amsterdam this July, and honestly I wouldn't worry about this point. Taxi rates to any pier in the city are exceedingly low ... unless you're pinching serious pennies, getting to the boat won't cost you a lot.

Do know, however, that there are more piers than the one located near the train station. I expected to be taken there only to find my cabbie heading in an entirely different direction. It was fine though, my cab was met by a sailor (in the pouring rain) who was happy to see my luggage safely to the boat.

I made no inquiries beforehand, I simply showed my ticket with the Pier info to my hotel concierge and he saw to it that my cab driver knew where to take me. Seriously, it was no big deal - no need to sweat over this point. Have a blast in Amsterdam and on your cruise!

Since we( and our hotel) are only a 5 min walk from the train station, if we're lucky, we will take a stroll to the boat if it's close enough. Pur bags can sit at the hotel until we are ready to head to the boat. ;)

Thanks all-- we are staying on our own in Amsterdam. Sounds as though we will be able to find the correct pier the day of departure. It is just so different than large ocean ships. We are so excited about our first river cruise. Oct 9th Amsterdam-Budapest will just be a bit cooler than I had expected.

Archived