Private excursion tipping?

McDebbie

I have searched but can't seem to find the answer... if you book a private excursion outside of the cruise line (CCL) how much do you tip? A certain percentage of the excursion cost or a set $$ amount? Say if the excursion is just for 6 people at $50 each and the guide was great, what would you tip? 10% each? Less? more? I just can't get a good grasp of the 'going' rate.

Previous poster pretty much summed up how I feel also. Last week someone on Godfrey's tour asked me if I was tipping and how much. I said yes, but left it at that.

I will usually tip more to those who don't appear to expect it. Godfrey has no cup for tips or sign nor does he mention it, so I tip him well. One excursion we were on the leader said "if you chose to tip me"...I thought that was a little out of line, but I did still tip her, just not as much. JMO.

why tip any more than what they are charging? If they aren't making enough they should charge more for the ride.

Yes we usually tip well, but at my last hair appt getting it 'done', after she said $60 thats all I gave her.

why tip any more than what they are charging? If they aren't making enough they should charge more for the ride.

Yes we usually tip well, but at my last hair appt getting it 'done', after she said $60 thats all I gave her.

Because in the US of A, tipping is a part of the way that the society works. Not so in other places. I'm am sure your beautician was surprised, as your waiter in a restaurant would be, and a cab driver would be. Just the way we do it here.

Archived