Just off the Liberty...any questions?

1. What stations are available on the TV? Do they have cartoon stations (we have a little one)?

2. What toiletries are in the staterooms? Is there shampoo, conditioner and soap or should we bring our own?

3. Any tips about things that were really fun or not so fun?

4. Is there a magic show on this ship? My son loves magicians.

5. Any shore excursions that were particularly fun?

THANK YOU!!! Hope your cruise was fab!

1. What stations are available on the TV? Do they have cartoon stations (we have a little one)?

2. What toiletries are in the staterooms? Is there shampoo, conditioner and soap or should we bring our own?

3. Any tips about things that were really fun or not so fun?

4. Is there a magic show on this ship? My son loves magicians.

5. Any shore excursions that were particularly fun?

THANK YOU!!! Hope your cruise was fab!

1. It is a satelite feed from Denver and there was one cartoon channel, otherwise there was ESPN,CBS,CNN, ABC and a few others.

2. There is shampoo and conditioner and body wash but I advise you to bring your own shampoo and conditioner, the body wash is fine.

3.A couple of the comedy shows were funny. There is a build a bear for the kids to do on the ship. There are just so many people on the ship that it gets kinda roudy and not really suited for kids. The shows were ok (compared to other carnival ships) but the last sea night they have the Legends show and it was GREAT!!!

4.There is a juggling show and that was kinda neat for the kids.

5. We did power snorkeling in Grand Turk and that was awesome as my wife saw a sea turtle and a sting wray. Also on the last sea day we did the behind the scenes tour and that was the best. You get to go everywhere on the ship and up to the bridge to meet the captain.

Just want to add that we stayed in 7228 and our room steward was Oka. He was the absolute best. Great conversation and just a very hard worker all around. If you get great service please try to tip these people just a little extra as they work very very hard for it.

were you able to bring beer on board from the excusions into your rooms?

Negative. Don't even try sneaking any on at embarkation either as they will check anything Suspicious once it goes through the scanners. They don't care how long it takes for people to get there luggage they will find your alcohal.

Thank you! :) I will definitely go for the behind the scene tour! :) One last question, on which day they had the formal nights?

The formal nights were on the two sea days, which would have been the 2nd night and the last night.

They only allow a small number of people on the behind the scenes tour so sign up immediatly for it as it will fill up fast.

Did you sail Eastern or Western. Can you share what you did in the ports?

We did the Eastern.

1. Half Moon Cay- not very much to do there besides beach. really wasn't happy as it is a Carnival owned island and they push buying everything on you as it is all profit for them. You need to tender to get there and the tender lines are so long.

2. St. thomas- Absolutly beautiful island...best stop on the trip. We just walked around and took many pictures along with shopping.

3. San Juan- Wasn't very happy with this either. very very poor and a lot of walking on very narrow streets and really not much to really buy there. Seems as if everyone has the same thing just for different prices.

4. Grand Turk- Absolutly beautiful. Only 3000 people on the island and there are almost 5000 on the ship. The beach is great. Very small area for shopping but we did the Power Snorkeling there and it was a great excursion. ***If you need to call home don't do it there as it is either collect or pay by credit card and it is very expensive. The place to call is from St. Thomas as we paid $2 for a phone card that had 2 hours on it.

This post read my mind! :D We are booked for next April and I was telling my kids about the camp. I was looking to find a capers to tell them about some of the activities. Someone had posted a capers, but it was a different itinerary so I am sure the activities will be a little different. My kids will be in the 6-8 group. Were your kids in that group by any chance, and if so, what were some activities they liked?

We are new to Carnival and are booking the Liberty for western itinerary. Any recomendation on decks we should try and book for our cabins?

How is the decor, coming from subdued Princess is it over the top?:D

Thanks Kris

The decor is venetian. I would recommend staying on deck 7+8, but that all depends on if you are looking for a balcony or suite. We stayed in 7228 which was a suite. It is twice the size of a balcony room with a area for ladies to due make up and hair along with extra closet space. The bathroom had his/her sinks and a seperate whirlpool tub and shower.

For the western trip I personally would recomend the Valor over the Liberty as the Liberty had 600 more people on it compared to the Valor last October and it really shows for the buffet lines and just walking around in general.

Hope that helps.

This post read my mind! :D We are booked for next April and I was telling my kids about the camp. I was looking to find a capers to tell them about some of the activities. Someone had posted a capers, but it was a different itinerary so I am sure the activities will be a little different. My kids will be in the 6-8 group. Were your kids in that group by any chance, and if so, what were some activities they liked?

Sorry but we went without our kids so I really can't help you much there although they did have a juggler one night in the main lounge for entertainment.

Archived