2 months til the Dream & I need advice..

ThisFemmeKat

So here's the deal.. I have only ever sailed smaller ships like the Imagination.. my favorite things to do onboard are the nightly shows and KARAOKE!! My worry is that, because of the significant differeance in the number of passengers, that I wont get a good deat for the shows and karaoke will be so packed I will only be able to sing like once.

So I need to know from those of you who have been.. what was your experience with this.. and How long in advance should I arrive for a good seat..

Also if there are any little things that you loved on your Dream cruise, that I should not miss.. add those in.. I will do any and all things you recommend at least once..

We are going on the itinerary that goes to st thomas and st. maarten.

Let the advice-a-polooza begin... :)

So here's the deal.. I have only ever sailed smaller ships like the Imagination.. my favorite things to do onboard are the nightly shows and KARAOKE!! My worry is that, because of the significant differeance in the number of passengers, that I wont get a good deat for the shows and karaoke will be so packed I will only be able to sing like once.

My niece participated in karaoke about every time they had it open, sang at least twice per 'session' - did it all the time and loved it. There are busier times at it, but still lots of opportunities.

The shows are obviously going to be much busier and you should plan on arriving at least 15 minutes before the show, closer to 30 minutes if you want a prime seat. Note that the prime seat might not be the first couple of rows - dont overlook the balcony areas as they provide a great perspective.

So I need to know from those of you who have been.. what was your experience with this.. and How long in advance should I arrive for a good seat..

Also if there are any little things that you loved on your Dream cruise, that I should not miss.. add those in.. I will do any and all things you recommend at least once..

We are going on the itinerary that goes to st thomas and st. maarten.

Let the advice-a-polooza begin... :)

Hey girl, where have you been? Come on over to the roll call thread and ask. We have several people that will be sailing with us in Nov that have been on the DREAM already and that will be happy to help you out. Also, when you get oveer there, if you will give us the names of who is sailing and where you are from, we will have name tags made for you and lots of other fun stuff.:D See you on the DREAMin with the Crazies thread. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=800692&page=1287

I suggest you find the Pasta Bar early in the cruise (Deck 11 aft) before

word of mouth spreads and the wait grows exponentially...

Also, don't miss the waterworks area, slides are fun and FAST!

Hit the Pasta Bar on Embarkation day early. There is a Mongolian grill also that you need to hit early if you like that as it gets busy and the line gets long at times.

Go see Dancing in the Streets, get there 30 minutes early for a good seat and I would try to be straight back from the stage. Don't have a pillar between you and the stage. It is awesome.

The waterslides are wonderful.. If you try the hammock have someone help you so you don't roll out trying to get in by the spa area.

There is a sail in at St. Thomas with mimosas. If this interests you than bring a bottle of Champagne in your carry on and we can get the OJ on board. You can come and join in even if you don't want to drink Mimosas.

If your group likes to drink, there are some private 1 hour parties that are being set up that you need to send money to someone in advance and I believe it is soda also (all you can drink of alcoholic or soda for a set price)

I had a great time last December.

Archived