Aqua Class now less then my C1- can I upgrade for free?

peatisback

I have an Eclipse reservation for 1/11 in a C1 stateroom. I was scanning prices tonight and they have dropped significantly. C1 is now about $600 less than what I booked it for and Aqua Class is about $350 less. Strangely AQ is pricing out for less than C1...

Will X let me change to Aqua Class (I realize I won't get a credit for the difference) for free?

Since it was booked on a previous cruise with a deposit of $100/person, it might even make sense to cancel, lose the deposit, and re-book at the much lower rate. Any suggestions?

I have an Eclipse reservation for 1/11 in a C1 stateroom. I was scanning prices tonight and they have dropped significantly. C1 is now about $600 less than what I booked it for and Aqua Class is about $350 less. Strangely AQ is pricing out for less than C1...

Will X let me change to Aqua Class (I realize I won't get a credit for the difference) for free?

Since it was booked on a previous cruise with a deposit of $100/person, it might even make sense to cancel, lose the deposit, and re-book at the much lower rate. Any suggestions?

Why would you lose the deposit when you are not yet in a penalty phase? I see no reason why Celebrity wouldn't be willing to give you an upgrade and a price reduction at the same time without rebooking if you haven't made final payment yet.

You should still be well before the final payment date and therefore should be able to make the change with no problem and get the lower price.

Please don't do that. You should have an onboard credit since you booked it on a previous cruise and you do not want to lose either the onboard credit or your deposit. So - this is very important - when you make the change, be sure to keep the same booking number (also called the reservation number or Booking ID).

Just call Celebrity, request the change and give them your booking number. Once they make the change, ask them to send you a confirmation.

If you transferred the booking to a travel agent, you will need to go through the travel agent instead.

Thanks for the help!! I didn't realize I was still far enough out not to loose the deposit.

Our promotion for booking onboard was a 2 class upgrade and $100 onboard credit. I don't think there's anything I can do with the upgrade but definitely will keep the onboard credit.

Thanks again!

Exactly. I was able to book AQ and save about $600 total and also preserve our onboard credit. I hope the price continues to drop. I'll have to think about moving our res to a TA to maximize our incentives/credits.

Absolutely. True, you lose the 2 cat upgrade, but it's still a better deal. Think of it as now a 3 cat upgrade and price drop combined!

The price of my Summit CC3 has just dropped by $50.00 per person. The ship departs on October 24, so the complete bill has been paid. Is it still possible to ask for an OBC for the $ 50.00 lower price per person which would amount to $ 100.00 for my wife and me. Everything has been conducted through a TA who placed us on a group rate which gave us an earlier $75.00 OBC. Or, since full payment has been made, is it now too late to ask for this?

Your advise will be greatly appreciated.

The next time you see a great deal like this I suggest you call the cruise line or your TA at the same time you post. Great prices often don't last that long and you can lose the price while you are waiting for responses. Add to that the fact that you might have to wait for a TA to get back to you. If you are lucky someone will respond while you are on hold. Just make sure you cover all the questions with the cruise line or the TA.

As an example, while you are looking at this as a chance to get money back, people in insides, outsides, and regular old balconies may also be interested in this deal, as well as players sitting on the sideline waiting for that deal that is too good to resist. Hey, you've just pointed it out on cruise critic.

The price of my Summit CC3 has just dropped by $50.00 per person. The ship departs on October 24, so the complete bill has been paid. Is it still possible to ask for an OBC for the $ 50.00 lower price per person which would amount to $ 100.00 for my wife and me. Everything has been conducted through a TA who placed us on a group rate which gave us an earlier $75.00 OBC. Or, since full payment has been made, is it now too late to ask for this?

Your advise will be greatly appreciated.

Depends on when you booked, if your booking was prior to May 17th, you can still get the credit, if after May 17th, your stuck with your previous price.

Archived