Are Travel Irons Allowed on Board?

Northerncheapo

DH and I have our SS Spirit voyage coming up on Sept. 25 and I've been packed for about a week now, seriously.

I was wondering if I can bring my travel iron and if so, are there ironing boards available? We're on deck 10 and I thought I read that there are mini laundrettes on the 10th...perhaps there are irons there that we may use?

Also, we are touring the wine region of Chateauneuf de Pape when we're in Marseille. I had planned on wearing jeans and hiking type shoes as we'll be walking the vinyard fields. I'm worried about getting 'looks' while exiting the ship and wonder if I should just go with something dressier? Any suggestions about which vineyards to visit?

I'm getting really excited!! Thanks!

Hi. We hope you will enjoy your cruise. There are laundry rooms on just about each deck on the Silver Spirit and there are irons and ironing boards in each. You will not need a travel iron and don't recommend that you bring it as there is a potential concern about fire.

As to dress while on excursion, you will be fine as long as the vineyard doesn't mind. People wear shorts, jeans, dockers, capris, etc on excursions, depending on the location. It is when you are back on the ship for cocktails, dinner, etc. that you will want to dress otherwise, depending on the dress code that day.

As for a vineyard, we love Vieux Telegraphe, but there are a number that would be excellent.

Enjoy! It is one of our favorite areas.

John and Kathy

Thanks, Dan...wrinkle release, eh? I'll have to find it and maybe save lotsa money on my botox.

Thanks John and Kathy, I appreciate the input about excursions. I'll be dressed well for the boat, it was walking in the fields that I was worried about wearing my nice stuff.

Happy Sailing to all!

Archived