Sea Princess - Panama Canal - October 9, 2010

sfoak

• 2 weeks later...

Oakley:

I will be going on this cruise with you guys! My ex coworker is not "family" but he is completely cool with it. Actually this is our second cruise together. On our first cruise there were 45 gay guys and he was with us the whole time. Other people on the cruise thought he was gay too!

Anyways, let me know if you want to get together for a coffe or drink before the cruise.

Andres

Hi Andres - I suspected you might be family, but I wasn't sure and certainly didn't want to out you on the other board. This is our 5th cruise and we have had everything from 5 people to 25 people show up at the Friends of Dorothy receptions on the ship. Will have to let you know about getting together before. My other half is just getting over a very serious infection and I am very focused on him getting well before the cruise. I am pushing him to rest which isn't easy to do. I'll let you know if we can connect before...

As you can see, so far it is just the 4 of us. On our last cruise - the Eastern Caribbean - there were only 4 of us on this roll call but 25 guys showed up at the on ship get-togethers. So, we'll see.

Oakley

Hi Andres

Thanks, he is doing better. He has a doctor's appointment next week and we should get the all clear.

No, don't plan to attend Folsom this year. Too many people, too little shade, too much drinking. I'll walk my dog and watch people walking down there but that's about it.

You going?

Oakley

Oakley:

Yes, I will be going this year. Some of my best friends are making me go and I am glad for it. On March last year I lost my partner to cancer and I have not been in the mood for big gatherings like Folsom. So I know that's the reason my friends called me last week to be sure I would have no excuse for not going. So kind of looking forward to it...

Andres

Andres -

Now THAT is an outstanding reason for going!!

I am sorry to hear about your partner and glad to hear you've got such great friends who are watching after you.

There will certainly be enough to keep you visually - and physically?? - occupied.

Go early - wear lots of sun block - stay late - and enjoy yourself!!

Oakley

Hi Andres

No, we have a play at the New Conservatory Theatre that afternoon (Anita Bryant Died for Your Sins - got a rather good review in the BAR this week).

Chuck got a good report from the doctor, so that worry is past. But I don't see that we will have any time before the 9th to get together.

Did you have a good time at Folsom??

We are having a couple of friends (not Friends of Dorothy) join us on board as part of the Bon Voyage Experience. We plan to be at the ship early and then we board at 11:00 as part of that program. I know you are going to be on board early so you might stop by or give our cabin a call (B429).

Oakley

sfoakstuff@comcast.net

Call the customer service desk right away. You will be transferred to the Bon Voyage Experience desk. I just spoke with them to add 2 more people and was told that we are now #39 and I believe that 50 people is the max. The desk will need the names - as they are on the passports, addresses, and phone numbers. You are given a booking number to fill out the passport information and credit card to charge anything they may buy on the ship.

Go to the discussion board http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=26307868#post26307868 where I posted a quesiton about the agenda fo the program. Some very helpful replies.

Looks like we are going to send our friends off on the tour, we are going to go to our cabin and disinfect (yup, that is what we do) and then get a call from them when the tour is done to meet-up for lunch. We will then go to our cabin for champagine. You are certainly invited.

In short, your TA is completely wrong on this one. Let me know if I can help any more.

Oakley

sfoakstuff@comcast.net

Andres

Did you get a final resolution regarding the Bon Voyage Experience? Turns out we are have 2 couples (again, not Friends of Dorothy but friendly non-the-less) join us - so there is no question that the program is available for our cruise.

What is your cabin number? Ours is B429 and as I mentioned, we are having our group at between lunch and the time they need to be off the ship for some champaign. You and your friend are more then welcome.

1 week from today!!!!

By they way - looks like our ship is making a Mexico cruise right now. The Bridge Cam yesterday showed them off the coast of Catalina and today it shows the ship is bound for Puerto Villrta. Do you know what is going on?

Since it looks like we are the only ones on this board. You can write me directly if you like and I can pass on our phone number.

Oakley

sfoakstuff@comcast.net

Hi Andres

Don't know if you got a resolution to the Bon Voyage Experience...Again, we will be boarding very early and if you find you and your cabin mate have time, you are welcome to stop by our cabin. Otherwise, we will look for your long-sleeve orange & yellow shirt in the location you gave directions to on the other board.

Oakley

Archived