Friends want to swim with dolphins

Darkwolfe

And since I'm the trip planner (:D), I get to do the research.

I get to pick between Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta for the dolphin swim. We're going on our cruise in January on Mariner OTS (Last regular run along the MR for Mariner)

Input from anyone who has been on a dolphin excursion in either place will be greatly appreaciated, thanks ahead of time!

Cabo Swim with Dolphins is in the Marina area. 5 minute walk.

I understand PV Dolphins are a taxi/van/bus ride away.

We've done Cabo and had lots of time to shop and wander around after the experience.

May depend on your plans for either port.

I say Cabo for dolphins and PV for something like viplines.

TY for the info. Curiously, as I went digging around today, I find that the Cabo and PV tours are owned by the same folks.

http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/tours/signature-dolphin-swim

We were on the Splendor in March and did the Dolphins in Cabo because we had other activities planned in the other ports. This was the highlight of our trip. The groups were small, the staff was very nice and helpful, the waiting area is nice and clean, but it is very expensive. I think we paid $160 pp and photos were $100. There is a viewing area that a friend or relative can sit but I am not sure they can take pictures. We will be back next year but not sure I would pay the price again. It was worth it once but want to do something different this time.

Hi There,

I swam with the dolphins in Puerto Vallarta last year, it was SO awesome I can't wait to do it again! My sister turned me on to them as she had swam with them a few years prior.

We booked through Puerto Vallarta Adventures and plan on doing it again. They gave us a good deal by booking in advance, very good value.

Here's there site = http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/

*We did the canopy tour with them also! Really wonderful experience!

Enjoy!

Suzanne :)

You can visit http://www.cabodolphins.com to get details of the Cabo facility. I swam with the dolphins there and loved it so much, I took my kids on our next cruise just so they could swim with dolphins too. It was amazing. Plan the photo money in your budget because the pictures are awesome. You can get a cd with 8 pictures plus a bunch of stock photo's for just under $100 or you can pick them individually where they print them for you (their coloring is better than you get done locally at Walmart or Walgreens trust me on this). Their individual prices are around $20-25 per photo. You will regret it if you don't buy them.

The facility is quick 5 minutes walk from where the tender drops you off. You get a locker to lock up your things. Viewers can watch if they have someone in their party that paid admission but absolutely no photo's or video's allowed. They enforce it. That is where they make their money.

2552444050040669306S500x500Q85.jpg

Thanks for all the info folks!

Only real negative I'm seeing is that both locations have adopted that "No cameras" thing. When I went in Cozumel, being able to take my own pictures was a big deal. But that's ok, I can skip that this time.

Happy cruising!

Archived