Outlets for Charging Scooters?

If this has appeared before, I apologize for the redundancy.

Does anyone know where the electrical outlets are located in the Royal Suite (#1612) on Celebrity's Solstice? I will be bringing an electric scooter for the first time and would like to know.

Also, I was told to bring a 3-prong extension cord, but I don't know how long a cord to bring. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thank you for any replies in advance.

Barbara

The outlets are in the living area near the computer and in the bedroom by the vanity, but you won't be able to use that one because you won't get the scooter past the bed to the vanity. Sorry, but Celebrity no longer allows you to bring your own extension cords onto the ship. They are being taken by security and not returned. Seems that passengers bring shoddy cords and a few fires have started in cabins due to these cords. If you need a three pronged cord, you have to ask for one from the purser-----UNLESS you do like me and "hide" the cord in the little backpack on the back of the seat. I put the charger in that pack and make it look like the cord is part of the charger. They've never taken it away from me like that....only when it was in my luggage. If you plug it in the living room outlet, you won't need a long cord because you can pull the scooter right up to the desk.

The outlets are in the living area near the computer and in the bedroom by the vanity, but you won't be able to use that one because you won't get the scooter past the bed to the vanity. Sorry, but Celebrity no longer allows you to bring your own extension cords onto the ship. They are being taken by security and not returned. Seems that passengers bring shoddy cords and a few fires have started in cabins due to these cords. If you need a three pronged cord, you have to ask for one from the purser-----UNLESS you do like me and "hide" the cord in the little backpack on the back of the seat. I put the charger in that pack and make it look like the cord is part of the charger. They've never taken it away from me like that....only when it was in my luggage. If you plug it in the living room outlet, you won't need a long cord because you can pull the scooter right up to the desk.

Thanks, Kitty. Unfortunately, I cannot "hide" the cord as I am renting the scooter from Care Vacations and it will already be in my cabin upon arrival. I guess I'll just have to get one from the purser. Appreciate your response.

Barbara

I rent a scooter from Care Vacations everytime I go on a cruise. They generally park them in the room near an outlet. I have only stayed in a Royal Suite one time. That being sais there are outlets almost everywhere. I also heard about Celebrity and RCCL confiscating cords. I bring a Waber strip (a cord with a half dozen sockets) for myscooter, CPAP and humidifier. They inspected it on RCCL and the crewman who did was a bit of an a$$. Like he was doing me a favor inspecting the cord. I will bring it on our next cruise and see If I get buy or not.

In the past I always brought a new 3 prong extention cord still in the original packaging showing pertinent information on it about capacity and noting safety inspection seals of approval. Packed it in my checked luggage and never had it confiscated. Plan to do the same for my upcoming cruise . I keep the receipt and if not needed, still in the original packaging I return it to the store after the cruise. FYI - Have always been able to plug into the desk socket without using the extention cord.

I rent a scooter from Care Vacations everytime I go on a cruise. They generally park them in the room near an outlet. I have only stayed in a Royal Suite one time. That being sais there are outlets almost everywhere. I also heard about Celebrity and RCCL confiscating cords. I bring a Waber strip (a cord with a half dozen sockets) for myscooter, CPAP and humidifier. They inspected it on RCCL and the crewman who did was a bit of an a$$. Like he was doing me a favor inspecting the cord. I will bring it on our next cruise and see If I get buy or not.

While there are lots of outlets in the Royal Suite, most are the European style, two round prong outlets, as opposed to the US style outlet.

My experince with Carnival & RCL have been positive. Husband has a power chair with a 24v charger. We take charger & extension cord in a bag & send it thru with luggage, never had a problem or anyone question it. Also he uses a Cpap & we have an extension cord for that, again no problems. Cruising again Oct 3 with girl friends & we are taking a power strip & extension cord.

My experince with Carnival & RCL have been positive. Husband has a power chair with a 24v charger. We take charger & extension cord in a bag & send it thru with luggage, never had a problem or anyone question it. Also he uses a Cpap & we have an extension cord for that, again no problems. Cruising again Oct 3 with girl friends & we are taking a power strip & extension cord.

Have you cruised recently with Carnival? Seems like just within the last 6 months or so they've gotten cranky about the power strips, which is why people are going to great lengths to either "hide" them, or do the work-around described above -- new one, in packaging, returning it later.

I'd probably buy a new one..but not bother with the return. Just keep it in its original packaging, and if I didn't need it for the trip, pack it away -- still in the packaging...for the next trip. Even "good" ones aren't all that expensive.

Carnival and RCCI have just recently changed their rules on the power strips and extension cords. Don't be too surprised if you have a note in your luggage that your bags were opened and those things removed. I've been hearing all sorts of passengers saying that they're becoming really strict with both the power strips and extension cords because a few fires have been started in cabins by faulty strips and cords.

Archived