Questions: Coral Princess

Cruisin'BusyBee

I have a couple questions that I hope can be answered by cruisers having been on the Coral Princess:

1. How is the in-cabin safe used: a 4 diget number or do you have to have a credit card for scanning each time you open/close it (Carnival had that!)?

2. Which port do we embark out of? Is it Port Everglades?

............still looking for a hotel nearby...................

3. We are on Baja (Deck 11) - midship - does anyone know if the balconies are fully covered (the Star had some covered, uncovered, half covered)?

............thanks so much for any help here................C/BB:)

The Baja Midships are covered. If you have the front bumpout cabin (B416 on one side, forget the other), you will get extra wind when the ship is in motion when you open the Balcony door.

I have a couple questions that I hope can be answered by cruisers having been on the Coral Princess:

1. How is the in-cabin safe used: a 4 diget number or do you have to have a credit card for scanning each time you open/close it (Carnival had that!)?

2. Which port do we embark out of? Is it Port Everglades?

............still looking for a hotel nearby...................

3. We are on Baja (Deck 11) - midship - does anyone know if the balconies are fully covered (the Star had some covered' date=' uncovered, half covered)?

............thanks so much for any help here................C/BB:)[/quote']

Wow, thanks to all for quick response - this is a great site to gather info! I am narrowing down my hotel options: Hyatt Place, Best Western F/Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Hampton Inn Airport North, Ramada Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port. Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated.................C/BB:)

We have stayed at the Renaissance and the Hilton. Both where within walking distance to the cruise terminal. The Renaissance we had the friend and family rate my SIL works for the Marriott Corp and the Hilton I got on Price line for $50.00 in December. The balconies midship are covered. I will find a picture of our balcony we had for the panama canal cruise and post it soon

Wow' date=' thanks to all for quick response - this is a great site to gather info! I am narrowing down my hotel options: Hyatt Place, Best Western F/Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Hampton Inn Airport North, Ramada Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port. Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated.................C/BB:)

Hyatt Place is the old Amerisuites. Both those highlighted are very close to the port. I would not consider any Ramada; anywhere. Hamptons are usually nice, and this one is across from a shopping center and has free transportation. BW is not usually high on my totem pole.

If I had to choose I would take Holiday Inn and Hyatt in that order.

Wow' date=' thanks to all for quick response - this is a great site to gather info! I am narrowing down my hotel options: Hyatt Place, Best Western F/Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Hampton Inn Airport North, Ramada Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port. Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated.................C/BB:)[/quote']

You may enjoy viewing the "Florida Departures Forum". It has a lot of comments/suggestions and discussions about hotels and other areas of interest. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Archived