Bravo to Spirit Medical Team!

cruznon

I sent my parents on the Spirit for my Mom's 80th birthday....so yesterday I get a call from my Dad that Mom came down with pneumonia and was in the infirmary. They both raved about the treatment she recieved from doctor and nurses.

Unfortunately, she got the pneumonia AFTER sitting in the dining room at the end of a large table in DIRECT line of an open door leading to cold outdoor air. She and others complained. (The waiter told her HE was warm!) Door remained open. Many simply left the dining room early before completing dinner--including my parents. She began chilling/shaking--within 36 hours admitted to imfirmary with pneumonia. She said she had been feeling great before the dinner "deep freeze."

When they docked this morning, she was taken by ambulance to a local hospital to be checked out and then released. She couldn't have gotten

better medical treatment anywhere than on the Spirit. So bravo to the Spirit medical team! I shall send a letter to Carnival to commend the doctor and nurses.

The purser's office even called us after a 3AM medical check to assure us Mom was improved. We were on the Spirit in November and were impressed with the crew--now even more so!

Archived