'Pack and Go'

cutiediva

Pack and go rates used to be great. They were for cruises that would occur in a few days or in a week or two. CCL would offer cabins at super prices for last minute travel. It was a way for CCL to fill up ships. I have not seen the rock bottom rates in the last year for pack and go bookings, so these deals may be gone.

Pack and go rates used to be great. They were for cruises that would occur in a few days or in a week or two. CCL would offer cabins at super prices for last minute travel. It was a way for CCL to fill up ships. I have not seen the rock bottom rates in the last year for pack and go bookings, so these deals may be gone.

I think it is because Early Saver holders could ask for that fare -- the pack and go fares haven't been good since they started Early Saver.

I think it is because Early Saver holders could ask for that fare -- the pack and go fares haven't been good since they started Early Saver.

ES cant price match to pack n go because they are only guarantees. Cant ever price match to the same category you booked with ES ...so that could be why pack n go's are always guarantees...to keep us from price matching.

This week the pack 'n' go specials are all out in November and December. Doesn't seem to fit the concept of booking, packing and going.

BINGO! That's been my problem with "pack-n-go" lately. Two, three, or even four months out isn't my concept of "Pack-n-Go".

"SKY"

This week the pack 'n' go specials are all out in November and December. Doesn't seem to fit the concept of booking, packing and going.

That's what I thought. Our cruise is now being advertised with a 'pack and go' deal and we are sailing on December 29. I thought there had been a drop in price.:rolleyes:

Linda

So it begs the question... if CCL used to use Pack and Go to fill unsold cabins at the last minute, and now all the PnGs seem to be for November and December... how is CCL filling up the last few unsold cabins of each cruise?

Are they now sailing full all the time so that they don't have to offer deeply discounted rates for those last few cabins?

Or are they forgoing the revenue for some unknown reason?

So it begs the question... if CCL used to use Pack and Go to fill unsold cabins at the last minute, and now all the PnGs seem to be for November and December... how is CCL filling up the last few unsold cabins of each cruise?

Are they now sailing full all the time so that they don't have to offer deeply discounted rates for those last few cabins?

Or are they forgoing the revenue for some unknown reason?

I noticed some deep discounts for senior rates on Conquest about a month ago to fill up early Oct cruises... two in particular.

Ya never know why Carnival will choose one last minute promo over another to fill ships. I sure would have booked if I wasnt on Conquest 2 weeks before that.

The last few weeks my Christmas and New Yeears B2B's on Miracle have been having Past Guest Instant Upgrades obviously yo open more of the 8A's to get in the now being offered PackNGo BL Guarantees.

That's cool though because I booked 8B Early Savers and have since gotten both OBC's and upgraded to a 8K 2 weeks ago ...... I'm happy and now have an Extended Balocony since I no longer book OS since it's just the DD and I.

That's cool though because I booked 8B Early Savers and have since gotten both OBC's and upgraded to a 8K 2 weeks ago ...... I'm happy and now have an Extended Balocony since I no longer book OS since it's just the DD and I.

Just curious, what cabin are you in on the New Years' cruise?

Linda

Archived