Beds in AE suites

bailey450

I am booked in cabin 9170 on the Gem for October b to b cruises. The description of the suite says it has a queen bed which does not work for us. My TA contacted NCL and asked for twins but was told that these suites have a king bed, which would work. On the Jewel in the same AE suite they DID put twins in for us!! However if it is really a king that would not be necessary. Could anyone who has stayed in one of these AE suites verify for me what size the bed is. Thanks

I am booked in cabin 9170 on the Gem for October b to b cruises. The description of the suite says it has a queen bed which does not work for us. My TA contacted NCL and asked for twins but was told that these suites have a king bed, which would work. On the Jewel in the same AE suite they DID put twins in for us!! However if it is really a king that would not be necessary. Could anyone who has stayed in one of these AE suites verify for me what size the bed is. Thanks

I don't think it is a full king but it is a LARGE queen size bed. I have a queen at home and the bed in the AE is much larger.

We just got off the Star and we had a AE suite. It was a pretty large bed, but I couldn't say what size. I did look at our suite, to see if it could be configured for 2 twins, but it didn't look like it could. First off if you "split up" the bed, one would be against the wall and block the door way to the bathroom. Also, there are lights fixed to the wall on either side of the queen/king bed, so if you split them up, each bed would be underneath the mounted lights.

So imo I don't think they could be split into 2 twins on the Star. Not sure if the configuration is the same for the Gem.

Archived