Nervous!!

aly2445

I'm taking my first cruise with my boyfriend on September 11, 2010 from Ft. Lauderdale. Tropical Storm Gaston has me worried! I don't mind if the itinerary is changed but I really would love to go to the eastern caribbean. The Storm looks like its going right through all the ports. Does anybody think it'll already be past the ports of call by the time we leave? I'm hoping it moves fast! If anybody could help me out, it would be fantastic!!

I will be cruising out of Miami on the Destiny the same date you leave on your cruise. It looks like we have a good chance of it getting past there before we leave. the only thinkI think will happen is that if there is any tender spots then you may not be going there but no biggie since we will be on a cruise and having fun.

Don't worry about it. the worst case scenario, your itinerary will be changed. You will still be on the ship, and you will have fun!!! the rest doesn't matter.

Most likely Gaston will follow Fiona, and she is already starting to head more northerly, and will most likely head across the atlantic towards Europe.... Gaston will probably follow.

Earl is the one I am personally worried about. I live in Nova Scotia and he is on a direct path towards here. He should make land fall as a low level Cat 2 or a Cat 1 late Friday Night, or Early Saturday Morning:eek:

Don't worry about it. the worst case scenario, your itinerary will be changed. You will still be on the ship, and you will have fun!!! the rest doesn't matter.

Most likely Gaston will follow Fiona, and she is already starting to head more northerly, and will most likely head across the atlantic towards Europe.... Gaston will probably follow.

Earl is the one I am personally worried about. I live in Nova Scotia and he is on a direct path towards here. He should make land fall as a low level Cat 2 or a Cat 1 late Friday Night, or Early Saturday Morning:eek:

I hope you don't get hit too badly!!! good luck and thanks for the advice. It's my first cruise-I'm a 21 year old newbie. I know we'll have fun just need the reassurance!! -aly

I will be cruising out of Miami on the Destiny the same date you leave on your cruise. It looks like we have a good chance of it getting past there before we leave. the only thinkI think will happen is that if there is any tender spots then you may not be going there but no biggie since we will be on a cruise and having fun.

I hope it gets past there before we go! We're spending a few days in Miami before we cruise. My biggest fear is a hurricane or tropical storm heading there right now.. but doesn't look like thats gonna happen. Thanks for the reassurance! -Aly

Stay safe!!

I'm taking my first cruise with my boyfriend on September 11, 2010 from Ft. Lauderdale. Tropical Storm Gaston has me worried! I don't mind if the itinerary is changed but I really would love to go to the eastern caribbean. The Storm looks like its going right through all the ports. Does anybody think it'll already be past the ports of call by the time we leave? I'm hoping it moves fast! If anybody could help me out, it would be fantastic!!

We are on the 9am flight out of Westchester going into FLL on 9/11. Carnival will then drive us to Miami!

I hope it gets past there before we go! We're spending a few days in Miami before we cruise. My biggest fear is a hurricane or tropical storm heading there right now.. but doesn't look like thats gonna happen. Thanks for the reassurance! -Aly

Just because the hurricane has passed, you still may not get to that port. Lets hope that everyone is safe and not a lot of damage has been done.

There is no way to predict mother nature. Gaston could turn into a major Cat 5 event and wreck havoc on the islands and it might fizzle into nothing. But don't worry because the next wave just came off the coast of Africa today and is following right along behind Gaston.

Gaston right now has dead aim for the leeward islands, and should arrive there around the 8th or 9th, and then turn north, but that is just an educated guess based on what the Hurricane Center is saying right now.

There is no way to know what will happen. Remember that just because the storm has passed does not mean that the ports are open. Depending on what damage might be caused ports could open immediatly after a storm or be closed for two or three weeks.

Safety for people and property (in that order) is the driving force behind all decisions that the cruise lines make.

Best wishes on a happy cruise.

Archived