Interior Room

rbabiak

The only balcony we might do would be the cove balconies. Other then that we will be PT, inside, or ocean view. This Oct is inside (we have done it with DD as well) next Oct is PT room on Splendor (same size as ocean view with the couch and an upper.

We also did an ocean view on the Liberty. Having the ocean view was nice but I think I wish we had saved a couple hundred and gone inside.

We've had balconies, OV and interior. IMO, the OV is a waste. It's nice to look out the window once or twice, but really it's not worth it to me.

If we can afford it, we will always go with a balcony. Aft balcony, preferably.

The interiors are a gem for the price. It is some of the best sleeping you'll get. It's sooooooo dark in there. I admit though, I always open the curtains on the fake window at least once hoping I'll see something other than a wall.

we've stayed in all types of cabins, as well, and I agree with everyone else.....the inside cabins are fine. The balcony cabins are no larger and you're never in your room except to shower and sleep. The one time we stayed in a balcony room, I went out there one time. It just wasn't the worth the extra money. I would rather be on top deck with a panoramic view. :) good luck!

On the Elation 15 day Panama Canal cruise we had a pt cabin. My dh asked at the curtomer relation desk if they could bring in a nice chair since we had so much room and they did. We couldn't thank them enough.

Lynda

Good to know. They are nice sized rooms and sometimes it's nice to just sit and read your book without having to be in bed.

I sailed the Dream back in June and had a port hole interior room. BEST DEAL EVER! My mom and my brother both had the "cove" balcony rooms and I found my room to be more spacious. Their balcony was nice, but I guess it all depends on the person & how often that person is actually going to use the balcony. I think I will always stick to a PT cabin, I loved it!

I was on the Triumph with an inside port hole room; was wonderful and would do it again. The Triumph had a long vanity in the bathroom and a large vanity with drawers galore and a couch so I didn't have to read in bed. Well worth reserving that way in advance too.

We have only been on one cruise in Feb 2008 aboard the Triumph. We had a balcony.

I think that we would always book a balcony, just for the simple fact that we did enhoy it, as well, the flights from Calgary to Miami, are almost as much as a balcony cabin, so if we are going all that way, we want to make it worth it!!!

It would seem wierd to spend more on a 6-8 hour flight, than on a 7 day cruise!!!

Happy cruising!!

Archived