marriage license in New Orleans

calico79

I was looking into getting married on a Carnival cruise and there was a itinerary out of New Orleans that I thought would be kind of nice to try out, but I saw that there is a 72 hour waiting period after you get the license. Is there any way of getting that waived if you are both from out of state? Just curious if anyone knows the answer to this. thanks!

My husband and I got married on the Carnival Triumph out of New Orleans and Obtained a marraige liscense there. Our 72 hrs wait period was waived because my husband was not a resident. You just have to go to the 2nd City Court house to apply for it. It is the only one that can waive the 72hr period. It is located across the river on the West Bank. Let me know if you have any more questions! :)

I was looking into getting married on a Carnival cruise and there was a itinerary out of New Orleans that I thought would be kind of nice to try out, but I saw that there is a 72 hour waiting period after you get the license. Is there any way of getting that waived if you are both from out of state? Just curious if anyone knows the answer to this. thanks!

Unless you get married in a private ceremony before you board in NOLA, you will have to go through The Wedding Experience, which is a private company that contracts with Carnival for Wedding planning. They are a separate company, and you would pay a separate price to them, beyond your cruise costs. This would be if you wanted to be married on-board before the ship leaves, have non-cruising guests attend your ceremony, and plan an on-board reception. They would help you with the waiver as well. My understanding is that this 72-hour waiting period is a requirement for Louisiana residents only.

I am a coordinator on the triumph and would like to clarify the issue of the 72 hour waiting period. Any courthouse which issues a marriage license can also issue a waiver for the 72 hour waiting period for both louisana residents and non residents. If the couple obtains the license from the new orleans office which is located at 1010 common street in new orleans and if the couple are non residents of louisiana then the officiant can complete the form for the waiver of the waiting period.

Archived