Katrinka34

katrinka34

Leaving Sept 21 from NYC on Costa Atlantica, going to Newport, Boston, Bar Harbor, Halifax, Sydney, Charlottetown,PE; Quebec City, Oct. 2

In Halifax, interested in Peggy's Cove.

In Sydney, we are interested in an excursion around Cabot Trail, on Cape Breton Island. Looking to privately book excursions and not through the ship......supposedly that is cheaper.

Good tips are appreciated. I noticed one tour group quoted $400 for up to 10 people. Couldn't do that for 2, so maybe we could get a group interested.

Sorry, can't help you with private excursions - we always took the ship's excursions - and we were really glad we did!

We were an hour and a half late returning from our 8 hour excursion to the Mayan ruins in Tulum when we visited Cozumel. The ship was supposed to depart at 5:30, but because of our group- it didn't get to leave until past 6:30. The minute we hopped on board, the ship took off.

If we had been on a private excursion, the ship would have left us. I don't know what we would have done. Therefore, I don't mind paying a few bucks more for the extra insurance and security of knowing that I have a ride home!

Archived