Almost Live and Soon to be Live and Almost Live from Carnival Triumph

Sargent_Schultz

Loved Acme and our trip to New Orleans...gotta go back soon!!!!!...but, but, but, (hate to be negative) but our Triumph cruise this year out of New Orleans was by far our least favorite. Ship and service were fine but I've never seen so many out of control "adults" in my life. I've been on a couple 3 day booze cruises and nothing compares to a 5 day cruise from NO. I love a good party and have a hefty bar tab, but a daily 3pm and 3am hall party of 30-40 people reminded me of my freshman year in college. And I don't remember much from that year. The cruise also included the same lady every day telling everybody that the laundry washers across from our room on lido were no good and stole her money, but she continued to use the same machines. Good luck to you!!!

OMG that food looks soooooooo good now that's something they should be serving on the ship :-) have a great cruise.

My wife did not like oysters until visiting ACME and she asks me all the time "When are we going back to NO to get some oysters?"

I've cruised lots of times from New Orleans, including non-Carnival brands :eek:, and every one was great. The NFL season opener game will be Thursday night after Cozumel and I expect there will be lots of Who Dats watching the game on the big screen on Lido. :eek:

Since it is Labor Day weekend, this is also Southern Decadence weekend in New Orleans. Should be a parade this afternoon, but we may miss it. Have some fixit jobs to do for Mom (and a free meal!).

Supposed to be Sunny today and tomorrow - highs around 90.

Tomorrow, you may be able to catch a glimpse of us boarding the ship here:

http://www.portno.com/pno_pages/cruises_building_webcam.htm

fullsize.jpg

and/or here:

http://www.nola.com/bridgecam/

Have a wonderful cruise Sargent, and we will be cheering on The Saints with you as they open up the season. Acme Oyster House is one of my favorite places to eat when in "Da Quarter", and right now I would kill for some oysters and a shrimp po'boy!

Loved Acme and our trip to New Orleans...gotta go back soon!!!!!...but, but, but, (hate to be negative) but our Triumph cruise this year out of New Orleans was by far our least favorite. Ship and service were fine but I've never seen so many out of control "adults" in my life. I've been on a couple 3 day booze cruises and nothing compares to a 5 day cruise from NO. I love a good party and have a hefty bar tab, but a daily 3pm and 3am hall party of 30-40 people reminded me of my freshman year in college. And I don't remember much from that year. The cruise also included the same lady every day telling everybody that the laundry washers across from our room on lido were no good and stole her money, but she continued to use the same machines. Good luck to you!!!

I avoid cabins anywhere near laundry rooms on any ship. Always seem to have more people than washing machines and somehow attract a crowd and more noise.

Just curious: is Acme serving Louisiana oysters? Other local seafood (shrimp, crabs, fish) have been good and plentiul, but oysters are still hit or miss, especially since P&J (local shucking plant) shut down.

Some restaurants are serving oysters imported from other states or even substituting mussels.

Just curious: is Acme serving Louisiana oysters? Other local seafood (shrimp, crabs, fish) have been good and plentiul, but oysters are still hit or miss, especially since P&J (local shucking plant) shut down.

Some restaurants are serving oysters imported from other states or even substituting mussels.

Acme never stopped serving as far as I know. I didn't ask this visit, but last time they were still serving Louisiana oysters, just not from the spill area (obviously).

Last time (in BR), they showed me on the map where they were coming from.

P1160500.JPG

P1160506.JPG

If looking for the nice, salty variety, of wonderful Louisiana raw oysters, those may be hard to find, but there are lots of areas where oysters are produced.

Acme has raised prices on oysters, so maybe they are pulling them in from somewhere else or maybe they just started passing increased costs on. The same type of oyster is found all along the gulf coast and up the east coast.

Anytime I check the Acme oystercam they've got oysters.

http://www.acmeoyster.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=65&Itemid=74

Also no problem getting oysters at Acme in Baton Rouge and Mike Anderson's in Baton Rouge.

Anyway, every time I look at the Oystercam, Acme has fresh oysters.

http://www.acmeoyster.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=65&Itemid=74

The New Orleans Seafood Festival is next weekend and I fully expect Drago's to be serving Charbroiled Oysters!

http://www.neworleansseafoodfestival.com/index.php/food

I'll see if I can find someone to ask, if I remember.

I had chargrilled oysters at Parrain's last night in Baton Rouge. They are doing grilled oysters, but not the raw. (Price is still the same on the menu). Our waitress told us that they are unable to do the raw, because the oysters are coming from too far away and the owners don't want to take any safety risks. Chimes on Coursey in Baton Rouge (owned by the same folks) has not served raw oysters for months. As far as I know, Acme in Baton Rouge and New Orleans never stopped serving them. Although, there was a concern the NOLA location was going to run out several times after the spill.

Ok, back from supper at Galatoire's - about to explode. They did say they had everything on the menu, which includes oysters, and I wouldn't think they would import oysters from somewhere else.

They are already setting the stage up and other things for the Thursday night extravaganza which has Jackson Square in a little disarray.

P1170238.JPG

but most is still as normal as New Orleans gets...

P1170230.JPG

P1170235.JPG

P1170231.JPG

P1170246.JPG

Archived