Queen Victoria ship's phone number from UK

white duck

The number in my Voyage Guide (from September 2009) for calling both QM2 and QV from outside the US is (001) 732 335 3272. This number connects to the Maritime Telecommunications Network automated voice response, where you will be prompted to enter your credit card number and expiry date. Calls charged at $9.50 per minute. Gulp:eek:.

During office hours, Cunard Reservations Department can direct your call (0845 071 0300).

Mary

I must admit that I'm also suprised that Cunard do not offer the ship's number whilst in port, i.e. ex-satellite, so that if there was a real genuine emergency you could at least notify the ship by cellphone of the circumstances.

I guess, on the other hand ;

"Hey, we are likely to be late back on board as Myrtle is having severe difficulties choosing between the pink and green handbags, could you hold the ship for us for a while ?????"

I must admit that I'm also suprised that Cunard do not offer the ship's number whilst in port, i.e. ex-satellite, so that if there was a real genuine emergency you could at least notify the ship by cellphone of the circumstances.

I guess, on the other hand ;

"Hey, we are likely to be late back on board as Myrtle is having severe difficulties choosing between the pink and green handbags, could you hold the ship for us for a while ?????"

[laughing about Myrtle's dilemma]

Hi Oldsilverfox. I've notice that The Daily Programme on QM2 lists the Ship's Agent at each port of call (telephone and e-mail address). I take that info with me when I go ashore just in case I need to contact the ship in case of emergency. Thankfully, I've never had an emergency, so I have no idea if that would work or even if it's the best method. But lacking alternatives, I feel it is better than nothing. Perhaps others have better advice?

Cheers,

Salacia

Hi Salacia,

During the superb video showing the original QE docking in Southampton in 1948 on another thread, they showed the "shoreside landline" being dragged on board and plugged into the QE's manual switchboard.

In these days of cellphones and wireless connections it wouldn't be too difficult to have a DIRECT number to the ship, as opposed to via the ship's agent as you rightly mention.

I understand that Cunard ,might possibly lose satellite revenue, but surely it is in their best interest if passengers who were delayed could directly speak to the gangway staff.

On the QV we were late leaving Amsterdam earlier this year whilst the Captain had to decide whether some late-comers were actually going to show up or not.

Partial Quote:

On the QV we were late leaving Amsterdam earlier this year whilst the Captain had to decide whether some late-comers were actually going to show up or not.

I thought the motto was that Time and tide wait for no man (or woman)---unless, of course, he or she is on a Cunard excursion :)

Yes, it was strange now you mention it, but is was a Sunday before an overnight cruise back to the UK so perhaps he wasn't in a hurry.

As I remember it, it was two pax and one crew, so perhaps the they couldn't face the paperwork associated with leaving a crew member behind.

Archived