?'s regarding Tabyana Beach

The forever cruiser

I have some questions regarding Tabyana Beach. Our cruise ship is stopping at Roatan in February. Is Tabyana Beach the same as West Bay Beach or is it just one of the beaches on the West Bay? Do we have to sign up for an excursion to spend the day here or can we just get a taxi at the CCL cruise ship dock. If we can, how much does a taxi cost approximately and are there taxi's available going back and forth regularly? Our ship docks at 11:00 AM. If we don't get there until noon, will the beach be packed by then? Any suggestions you'd give us would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I was just there on ncl epic last tuesday. We took a taxi on tour of island for $25 a person. The beaches are ok but are on the carribean side not the bay side. There are a lots of shops across from the beaches but look like a slum area. Would not take a tour getting there as late as you. Get off ship and walk to the taxi area and make a deal you might get a better price than i did.have a good trip

We were in Roatan this past Friday. There are shuttles to Tabyana for $20 pp RT. Just look for the vendor signs advertising it. There are also taxis but I didn't check the price for them. It depends on how many ships are in port as to how crowded the beach will be. Check out the port on cruisett.com. Roatan is listed under Honduras.

Yes, it is, but keep in mind you have to rent a lounge, etc., if you want these things. The water is absolutely beautiful. A couple I talked to on our cruise dove at the reef there and saw some really neat sealife. They were very excited about it. Have a great time.

Archived